🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had a little time to hunt this morning so I thought I go to a new tot lot that I have never hunted before. Now before some of you question my choice let me explain. A lot of you know that I am a die hard relic hunter and hunting coins is pretty rare for me. But all of my civil war wooded sites are either in heavy vegetation (wooded sites), fields not mowed or hard as concrete from lack of rain. So I noticed a school on the way to my sites that is always busy on weekends and thought what the heck. My main goal was rings as I have found tons of them in tot lots in the past. So with about an hour and a half to kill I get out the ole reliable AT GOLD and start swinging. The usual take at the end of the day was those darn stinkin lincolns, a few nickels, dimes and a couple quarters and a piece of costume jewelry. Now when I get home I look at the pennies and noticed one that stood out from the others. It turned out the be a 1930. I guess little Johnnie got into daddy's stash. Also found some nails. I talked to a couple parents that arrived as I was leaving because the kids were all excited about the machine. I told them that I found and removed several nails to help keep the place safe for their kids. They were so impressed and thanked me as I was loading up. Done my good deed for the day and came home with a wheatie.

Attachments

• 051.JPG
    051.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 138
  • 053.JPG
    053.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 119
Upvote 7

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Pro Pointer and Whites TRX Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice work! Giving the parents something new and positive to think about when they see people detecting now they'll be grateful! I've done that in the past and am sure others have to when we find something dangrouse in tot lots and parks, it's amazing some of the nasty sharp things we find where kids and families play! Nothing like being a good ambassador for our hobby when possible.

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice wheat score! Congrats! Great on the good deed too!

I hit a tot lot also , I have to check the change yet and post, I found broken glass & picked it up. It's kinda scary what lies hidden there.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice detecting work there treasurehound !:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions