Epic 5 Early Washington Quarter day...in a Park!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Epic can have a lot of meanings. Age, quantity, location, etc. I consider this hunt epic since it was in a public park in a heavily populated area. There are a lot of detectorists in the area...

This park, well, is hidden. I didn't even know it was there until a friends retirement party.

The area of the finds was rather large, about 100'x50' and perhaps would represent the edge of a sports field. The first was the '43 Merc. I was stoked since I'd never been to this park before. Next came a '34 Washington at 4", and I'm like huh...ok. Then a '36. Nice! '62 really?! '35 are you kidding me?!?! And finally a '48. I only hunted about an hour then had to go home to the fam and company, but I'm hoping there are a couple more great finds to be had. Not bad for a public park! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432502254.411960.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432502266.419161.jpg

I was drunk on silver today. I've never found 5 quarters in a hunt. Early Washingtons are difficult to come by and 3 is stellar.

Happy hunting

Steve

Upvote 28

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread