New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took the Deus out again today, it was too cold yesterday. I found a nice herring bone silver chain (which I broke twice cleaning it) and an old silver ring. That place is amazing, still keeps giving up the jewelry!
Enjoy the pix
HH & GL
Brad
20150524_174922.jpg 20150524_182153.jpg 20150524_182228.jpg 20150524_174858.jpg 20150524_182143.jpg

Upvote 14

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrads on all treasure! The silver is cool but I really like that Brass...tells me there is some history there and waiting to be dug...You may never have that place cleaned out...

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Brad.
Are you liking the XP in the water? ?
Signals nice and strong?

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice day with the silver!!

That sucks with the chain busting up on you, it's still silver though.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looking good Treble ! :occasion14: I hit the old tapped out spot today, not much found but you never know what it might still give, unless you try.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt Jacques Cousteau! You're making serious waves now!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Treb looks like to me you caught some herring bone. Neat find,vanzutphen

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrads on all treasure! The silver is cool but I really like that Brass...tells me there is some history there and waiting to be dug...You may never have that place cleaned out...
The buckle was so deep, was ringing like hells bells, the boat plug sounded like a half, should be much warmer from here out. I made plans to go with a novice/first time water hunter with my boat and machines to the Delaware River. I can't wait till my Minelab comes in!

How about the old beer can. Nice score on the finds..
That can might of been the find of the day!
Lot Detail - Baltimore Colts Stadium Cushion & ''The Colt'' Beer Can -- 1958-59 Championship Season -- 15'' x 15'' Blue & White Seat -- Used 7-Ounce National Bohemian Light Beer Can -- Very Good

Nice finds Brad.
Are you liking the XP in the water? ?
Signals nice and strong?
Your program is the ticket, the only thing I don't like are the ear buds, they work great, I can hear good, they just are so different from headphones. I might make a set of headphones using them and a old AP Pro land headphones

Nice day with the silver!!

That sucks with the chain busting up on you, it's still silver though.
Thanks, I broke the other chain too, they both were thin, i'm a gorilla trying to do humming bird work! Its ok it is still a precious metal, just gets thrown on the pile I already have.

Looking good Treble ! :occasion14: I hit the old tapped out spot today, not much found but you never know what it might still give, unless you try.
Thank you.

Nice hunt Jacques Cousteau! You're making serious waves now!
Thanks Dave. All you need is a comfortable life jacket and your Gold!

Treb looks like to me you caught some herring bone. Neat find,vanzutphen
Pretty chain, thanks.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool stuff brad, even with the silver my favorite is that old beer can, something cool about it!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt, congrats to you! How are you getting that silver clean, if I may ask? Sub 8-)

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt, congrats to you! How are you getting that silver clean, if I may ask? Sub 8-)

Of course you can ask. I zap it with electrolysis for one minute at a time, then use baking soda paste rubbing it with my fingers. Last summer Carolina Tom dubbed it my "hillbilly zapper"

Thanks for the congrats, might not be colonial/banner, but you know I'm on to something when I'm finding allot of stuff. I hope this summer to find that colonial swimming hole.

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Can't go wrong with silver! Nice ring, congrats !!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome silver ring and bling! You are really hauling up the good stuff!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your silver cleaned up well, I gotta get in the water this year, now that I got the minelab I don't mind getting the atpro a bit wet, very cool idea, keep cool and make finds, what more can ya ask for?

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Of course you can ask. I zap it with electrolysis for one minute at a time, then use baking soda paste rubbing it with my fingers. Last summer Carolina Tom dubbed it my "hillbilly zapper"

Thanks for the congrats, might not be colonial/banner, but you know I'm on to something when I'm finding allot of stuff. I hope this summer to find that colonial swimming hole.

Brad,

Nice finds! If you get the "Revitalizing Silver Jewelry Cleaner" made by Connoisseurs and sold in the Jewelry Department at Walmart, it will make the Silver Jewelry cleanup a lot faster and less damaging than using an abrasive such as Baking Soda. It comes in a Silver/Greyish plastic jar and has a wash tub inside for dipping coins or jewelry into the cleaner solution. Just remove the wash tub, place the item in it and then dip the wash tub with jewelry or other item inside down into the cleaner solution 3 times fairly quickly, remove the jewelry or other item, rinse with water and check to see if it is clean and bright. If there is Iron or other staining on the jewelry or other item, you can soak in 91% Rubbing Alcohol for a few minutes and rub lightly with a fingertip and the staining will likely be gone. If the jewelry or other item is still not clean and bright, you might repeat washing it in the Silver Jewelry Cleaning Solution but try to limit it to dipping it into it to twice the next time as excess prolonged use of the solution like any chemical cleaner, can eventually damage the jewelry or other item. Once done and rinsed with water, rinse the jewelry or other item with Rubbing Alcohol, then rinse with water again and then pat dry with a soft towel.

Frank

P.S. I would bet that you broke the Silver chains when you licked them too much or too hard!:tongue3::laughing7:

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool stuff brad, even with the silver my favorite is that old beer can, something cool about it!

Ha, me too, I couldn't wait to google it to find out!

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brad,

Nice finds! If you get the "Revitalizing Silver Jewelry Cleaner" made by Connoisseurs and sold in the Jewelry Department at Walmart, it will make the Silver Jewelry cleanup a lot faster and less damaging than using an abrasive such as Baking Soda. It comes in a Silver/Greyish plastic jar and has a wash tub inside for dipping coins or jewelry into the cleaner solution. Just remove the wash tub, place the item in it and then dip the wash tub with jewelry or other item inside down into the cleaner solution 3 times fairly quickly, remove the jewelry or other item, rinse with water and check to see if it is clean and bright. If there is Iron or other staining on the jewelry or other item, you can soak in 91% Rubbing Alcohol for a few minutes and rub lightly with a fingertip and the staining will likely be gone. If the jewelry or other item is still not clean and bright, you might repeat washing it in the Silver Jewelry Cleaning Solution but try to limit it to dipping it into it to twice the next time as excess prolonged use of the solution like any chemical cleaner, can eventually damage the jewelry or other item. Once done and rinsed with water, rinse the jewelry or other item with Rubbing Alcohol, then rinse with water again and then pat dry with a soft towel.

Frank

P.S. I would bet that you broke the Silver chains when you licked them too much or too hard!:tongue3::laughing7:
Like I told Buckle Boy, the silver/coins/jewelry, that comes out of this lake is already destroyed, you can see how the metals have already been doing electrolysis buried in the soil at the bottom of the lake naturally. I could baby clean that silver and it wouldn't effect the outcome. Its just like a corroded LC. after cleaning it you have what you have. Zapping it for one minute just loosens up the tarnish. I appreciate your suggestions and buckle boys too. His was to use the foil method, which I did (another form of electrolysis) Here is a link to it.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/423423-1958-d-franklin-half-one-hour-water-hunt.html
Even the clad coins you can see how the silver has leeched off the coin over time

Liking all that! Good job!
Thanks Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread