Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a park I have been hesitant to go to before, but I went early.
I was alone for a while then a guy showed up and kept walking around the tot lot, I ignored him even though I kept him on my radar. I worked my way to the swings, the only place with wood chips. Boy I had forgotten how easy the digging is! I dug ALL signals. Got a few surprises but nothing special. The day was really great weather wise. I spotted three baby squirrels in a tree adventuring out.
My "shadow" got bored and left.

I also hit the area around the skate park but it had a lot of metal "parts" from the skate boards and etc. and the ground was really dry not as much fun to dig in as the wood chips. Total of 3 hours detecting. There are 3 sports fields here too I will be checking out. image.jpg . Anyone know what the Smith & Wesson key is for?
First pic is tot lot finds. Second pic is skate park finds.
image.jpg

Wish I had taken pics of the squirrels but I don't carry my I-pad when I'm detecting.

Upvote 14

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice haul there Msbeepbeep ! I got rained out this evening, my take was 3 quarters, 8 nickels, 8 dimes and 1 copper cent plus a few very ate zincs which went to the trash.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you cleared those sites very well! Good luck when you return for the fields.

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like it was a good day and a good hunt. Clean that trash out so you can find the good stuff.

Your shadow was probably just watching to see if it was worth running home for his detector. Lol

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice haul. The key looks like a handcuff key.

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRW- Thank you! Rain can be a pain but at lest you got out! They say we are getting rain next weekend but they can 't even predict tomorrow's weather.

HS2001- I thought it might have been a trigger guard key too, because of the name, but I have never seen one.

OD- yep! I am preparing to go for the gold! It has to be there somewhere.

Deershed- I think my shadow thought I was there for a different reason. It took him a while to figure it out! Lol!

RJ55- that was a second guess a handcuff key, but then who dropped it?

Scrappy- Thank you! I'm trying new places, there's goodies there somewhere with my name on them, just have to find them.

Johnnycat- that's two votes for handcuff key, but is it real or fake. Here's a better pic.
image.jpg

Thanks guys for taking the time to look and comment. Maybe the cuffs are there somewhere.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cuff key. long stem is unlock, short pin at loop locks the latch so cuffs can't tighten causing the dreaded police brutality. my Peerless stainless hinged cuffs have a similar key. always dig nickel type hits in tot lots for the gold charms and earrings. HH

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Port ewen ace- so the key is to a real set, cool!
I was digging everything I could. I will have to go back for some deeper ones when I don't have a shadow.

Bob- yep that's it! Thank for the picture! Guess somebody's gonna have to order a new one!

Higgy- thanks! I had lots of fun, can't wait to check out the sports fields....alone! Lol!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I gave up on schools and parks...to dang DRY,have you ever tried farmfields out your way?

GOD Bless

Chris

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
RJ55- that was a second guess a handcuff key, but then who dropped it?

Either the cop, or the kinky one.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a lot of fun discoveries there! Good for you!

I never used to worry about going for my "walks". But, lately, I'm actually afraid to be out there alone. :dontknow:

WTG!

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chris- I haven't tried farm fields yet but I want to. I want to also look for arrowheads for a friend and myself.
The ground is dry, maybe we'll get some rain soon....just not Sundays, my hunt days!

RJ55- lol! I hope it was the cop that dropped it, there are way too many strange people walking around as it is now!

WHADIFIND- I'm not so much afraid as annoyed that I have to keep an eye on them while detecting, puts a damper on my pursuit of happiness.
Took him a "while" to figure out I wasn't there to see him! Lol! Idiot!
He should be wondering if it's a sting or something.
If things don 't feel right, my truck is close by and I will leave ASAP!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ms Beep one of my favorite things about detecting is watching the animals interact. Saw a hawk and eagle tangling the other day. I've got tons of animal pics on my phone. Glad you had nice weather for some swinging

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MS Beep do you use a Lesche digger ? just curious as is a good self defence weapon in lieu of a digging tool.

Anyway. Good haul. and
I think the hand cuff key is a super cool find, who else has one raise your hand....what no one ? I never seen one before.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice finds MsBB! :occasion14:

I started out detecting city parks & tot lots 4 years ago, it's amazing how much jewelery & change the parents lost when pushing their kids on the swings. :icon_scratch:

Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread