Scratch this big silver off my bucket list !!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to a site today where I pulled this 1893 Columbian Exposition Worlds Fair Badge last Sunday. I was only there about 2 minutes, when out popped my first Barber Half, a 1907. This has been my elusive coin for many years, & I'm glad to be able to scratch this one off the list. I spent another 3 hours there, & didn't find another thing, but we worked this site pretty good. Last Sunday when I found the badge, my detecting partner also pulled a 1954 Franklin. That's 2 Halves at one site. I do believe in good Karma. Yesterday, my wife asked me to plant some flowers for her, & I did without question, ( knowing today is our 30th Anniversary, & I needed to go detecting ! ) She did not mind at all that I went, as I am an early bird & have been known to be at my detecting sites as early as 5 or 6 a.m. (That really doesn't interfere with our day). I really did find the best "Treasure" I could ever find 30 yrs. ago, & I didn't even need a metal detector. Yes its true & ironic, her maiden name really is Treasure. Only 2 more on the bucket list. Come on Shield Nickel & 3 Cent piece. Happy Hunting & thanks to all of our Veterans. Ron

Attachments

• IMG_6240.JPG
    IMG_6240.JPG
    880.1 KB · Views: 292
Upvote 23

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really great find! Barber half dollars are one of the most difficult coins to find! Many huntres never find one! Way to go!

Havillah

May 22, 2005
San Juan del Río, Querétaro, Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett Money Hunter TR;
Garrett GTP-1350;
Garrett AT Pro International
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most honorable mister Tresurehunter: Congratulations on you three treasures: your queen, the badge and the coin!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I went back to a site today where I pulled this 1893 Columbian Exposition Worlds Fair Badge last Sunday. I was only there about 2 minutes, when out popped my first Barber Half, a 1907. This has been my elusive coin for many years, & I'm glad to be able to scratch this one off the list. I spent another 3 hours there, & didn't find another thing, but we worked this site pretty good. Last Sunday when I found the badge, my detecting partner also pulled a 1954 Franklin. That's 2 Halves at one site. I do believe in good Karma. Yesterday, my wife asked me to plant some flowers for her, & I did without question, ( knowing today is our 30th Anniversary, & I needed to go detecting ! ) She did not mind at all that I went, as I am an early bird & have been known to be at my detecting sites as early as 5 or 6 a.m. (That really doesn't interfere with our day). I really did find the best "Treasure" I could ever find 30 yrs. ago, & I didn't even need a metal detector. Yes its true & ironic, her maiden name really is Treasure. Only 2 more on the bucket list. Come on Shield Nickel & 3 Cent piece. Happy Hunting & thanks to all of our Veterans. Ron

Wow very very nice. I love big, older silver.

Congrats on the bucket list find

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Pro Pointer and Whites TRX Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a great find!!! And only 2 minutes into your hunt lol. I've started a few hunts where my best find (never anything as good as your barber half!) was made right away then I continue hunting hours and never find another silver coin. It's made me think I should just wrap up the hunt and call it a day early, of course I never can, because I always think I can maybe find something better lol, of course so far I never have. Congratulations on your bucket list find and good luck to you finding the 2 remaining on your list! You must have made a heck of a lot of great finds to have only 2 left on your list.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting isn't it? How you and your buddy could "...we worked this site pretty good." , the last time out. Yet, you both find a large silver this time. ;) LOL

I only wish you wouldn't use the words "scratch" and "Barber Half" so close together! ;)

WTG!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome silver half! Looks like you have all the treasure luck covered!

Mi$terG

Jan 25, 2013
Eastern MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Great half! There's something about that eagle and stars on the reverse of that coin that revs up the heart when you first see it out of the ground. Best of luck on your last two bucket list coins- I got a shield yesterday, so they're out there!

OP
OP
Trezurehunter

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great find!!! And only 2 minutes into your hunt lol. I've started a few hunts where my best find (never anything as good as your barber half!) was made right away then I continue hunting hours and never find another silver coin. It's made me think I should just wrap up the hunt and call it a day early, of course I never can, because I always think I can maybe find something better lol, of course so far I never have. Congratulations on your bucket list find and good luck to you finding the 2 remaining on your list! You must have made a heck of a lot of great finds to have only 2 left on your list.
Your right McClod. There have been many times when I find nice items right out of the gate, & say to myself " I might as well go home now, because I'm not gonna top this today". But I do the same as you, stay for 3 more hours & waste battery power. And yes, my bucket list is down to 2 as I have made some very very nice finds over the last 20 years. Thanks, Ron

OP
OP
Trezurehunter

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice half, but ouch was the scratch from your tool or already there?
The scratch was already there Daryn. It was a field find & just came from being tossed around in the dirt & rock. I'm just glad it didn't have any real plow gouges from the farmers implements.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So cool to see people nail one they had t found before. Great job bud

Massieville Mike

Mar 7, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Garrett AT Gold, Teknetics ETP, Fisher CZ6a, Teknetics T2se
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your "30th" and a very nice coin! :occasion14:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on a couple of really nice finds. that BIG SILVER is just killer!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting