Right time right place. Silver x 50!!!

Snowjonson

Sep 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen posts of people finding silver coins in the reject tray of the coinstars thought I'd check. Wow!!!! So glad I did!!!

My girlfriend and I were coming out of the supermarket I told her I wanted to check for goodies but there were people using the coinstar so I told her I'm going to wait for them. She didn't want to hang and wait so she went to the car to unload the groceries. Finally the people at the coinstar left and I could see quite a few coins in the reject tray so I ran over real quick and scooped them out and couldn't believe what I saw! A fistful of silver! I ran back to the car and showed my girlfriend, she was excited but not as much as me haha.

I think it might have been the sound of silver clinking that stopped me and gave me the urge to wait it out but who knows?? Soooo glad I waited!!

Ended up with 42 dimes, 7 quarters, and a Kennedy half!!! All newer silver most from the 60s but a couple older ones in there.

Very happy Memorial Day
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432607425.784326.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432607439.654517.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432607464.033448.jpg

Upvote 28

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
OP
OP
Snowjonson

Snowjonson

Sep 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone! Usually I curse the world for ignorant people but that day I was thankful for them!

Even if it wasn't silver, who leaves behind over 6 bucks in face value??

Ignorance is bliss...for us finders of the lost and forgotten

DW Dirt Whisperer

Jan 11, 2014
El Paso Texas
Detector(s) used
2 Teknetics G2, Garrett Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reliable for silver coinstars. lol and when you hear that silver hit the reject slot you know........you just know

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
if the folks were young might have heisted grannies or gramps coin collection ..or maybe some old person just croaked ...or they were real hard up --most older folks do know silver is valuable however..

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! Congrats! So far all I've found is clad and a token in the reject tray.

You can tell the TH'ers in a crowd, just toss a silver coin on the pavement and watch all their heads turn and zone in on the high pitched ringing it makes when it lands.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread