videowaawaa

Greenie
Dec 24, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to Philly to get my marriage license with my fiancé. The main portion of her parents' home was built around 1719. I started metal detecting in November of last year and have learned on my Garrett AT Pro out here in California. I have never had a day like I had in Philly.

List below (with questions--help please if you can!). Images of some of the better stuff attached.

I know very little about most of these things, so let me know if you have any insight!

• Wheat Penny - Date Unreadable
  • 1946 Wheat X 2
  • 1941 Wheat
  • 1910 Wheat
  • 1954 Silver Dime
  • 1939 Union Pacific San Francisco Lucky Piece (heavily damaged)
  • Brass bracelet thing (?)
  • Ornate Copper thing (anybody know what this is?)
  • Sterling Silver ring with Turquoise
  • Sterling Silver ring with floral decorations (damaged)
  • Cool old key with a number 3 on it
  • Large button
  • Smaller Button
  • Button with floral design (back says "High Gold Color" anybody know how to return it to that color? It's black now on the front).
  • A badge thing that reads "Insured in Haleysville Mutual Casualty Company"
  • Shotgun Headstamp U.M.C. Co No 12 Challenge (I looked this up, these were only made between 1901 and 1907!)
  • Hook assemblage
  • Metal garter thing
  • Belt buckle thing
  • Bottom of an old light bulb with a "25" stamped on the bottom
  • Thin belt-type thing made of metal with a clasp
  • Clamp assemblage (found a few of these)
  • Really old bottle caps (first time I wasn't enraged to dig up bottle caps!)
  • Chain with clasp (found it near the light bulb, maybe from a lamp?)
  • Another shotgun head (no discernible markings)
  • A cache of old bottles
  • Ornate copper finial-type thing

I also found a number of rocks that rang in the 65 range on the AT Pro. I have no idea what they are. Pictures attached. They're shiny where exposed. Haven't cleaned them yet. Anyone have any ideas?

I'll post up more photos as I sift through and clean up my finds. I also found a motherlode of straight up garbage. However it's more than likely 100-year-old garbage, so it's still cool in my book.

Thanks for checking out my stuff

01.JPG 02.JPG 03.JPG 04.JPG 05.JPG 06.JPG 07.JPG 08.JPG 09.JPG 10.JPG 11.JPG 12.JPG 13.JPG 14.JPG 15.JPG 16.JPG 17.JPG 18.JPG 19.JPG 20.JPG 21.JPG

Attachments

• 01_flipped.JPG
    01_flipped.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 197
  • 01_flipped.JPG
    01_flipped.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Upvote 21

payload77

Jul 3, 2014
WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome stuff. Love the old key!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great stuff, I gotta admit, the key is my favorite too!, love them old skeleton keys

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, I believe what you have there on the rocks is coal. I saved mine and gave it out for Christmas for people that were naughty!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A bunch of cool old Pieces you got there. & Silver too.. Oh Yeah.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Well if you ask me it seems you have not even gotten to the old stuff. Clear that "modern" stuff away, up your gain/sensitivity and have another go. I bet you'll be awful surprised at what you find.

Congrats

Steve

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice selection of goodies! I have not found a skeleton key, so the one found looks really good to me! Congrats.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you or taking the time to share your hunt and those pictures with us . Liking the key as well

2moshers

Dec 23, 2014
Pemberton, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. I am about 20 miles from Philly. The rocks are probably iron ore. I also found a similar key in my own yard next to an 1865 2 cent piece. I have also found a lot of old shotgun shell heads, many UMC , dating back to the 1800s. The Harleysville Insurance piece is probably local from Harleysville, PA.

cti4sw

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds. I am about 20 miles from Philly. The rocks are probably iron ore. I also found a similar key in my own yard next to an 1865 2 cent piece. I have also found a lot of old shotgun shell heads, many UMC , dating back to the 1800s. The Harleysville Insurance piece is probably local from Harleysville, PA.

Agreed. The Harleysville Mutual Casualty Co. sits on Route 113 in Harleysville, PA, about 20 mins from my old apartment. A few years ago I found a 1950 nickel that had been stamped with their advertisement on it and turned into a key fob. Not sure how long they've been around, but I'm pretty sure they're still in business.

OP
OP
videowaawaa

videowaawaa

Greenie
Dec 24, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the comments! I'm going to do some research, and maybe even call the Harleysville Insurance main office if they're still around to get some first-hand info on the piece. Can't wait to get back out to Philly- or anywhere on the east coast for that matter. I love Los Angeles and wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the world, but there's nothing like east coast MDing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions