Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was detecting the tree line in a small park where I found some American silver and wheat cents a few weeks ago and got a strange signal. Almost did not dig it. Down about 6” I found a cool whip type container and thought is was someone’s left over lunch. Opened it, inside was a plastic bag and inside that bag another plastic bag. I freaked when I saw all the jewelry but put it in my pouch and continued detecting. About 10 minutes later curiosity was killing me so I went home to roll in my riches. I dumped out the jewels and realized I was not rich. Looks like some kind of time capsule placed in the ground by some girlies. Most of the earrings are cheap but there were a few pieces of silver mixed in. Pictures are not great and do not click to enlarge, I am looking for a new server as this is getting a little obnoxious but can’t complain as it is a free server. Here’s the cache.
11May07E1.jpg

11May07E3.jpg

11May07E2%7E0.jpg

11May07E4.jpg

Amazing the contents did not get wet, even the Panda card is in nice condition.
11May07E5.jpg

11May07Epurs.jpg

Looks like the cache might date to 1997 placed in the ground at 09:00. The dime is dated 1997.
11May07E6time.jpg

Only four pieces of silver but still an awesome find. HH, Mike
11May07Esilver.jpg

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Intresting Cache Mike

anything on the back of the card ?
Copyrite Date ?

Was the Lincoln Cent in ? Date ?

Some of them look old

OP
OP
Bavaria Mike

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jeff, there is a description of the Panda bear on the back and also dated 1997, amazingly intact. The penny is dated 1985 and was made into a charm or pendant. HH, Mike

T

TreasureTales

Very unique cache! Almost looks like a grouping from the 1960's - kind of hippyish. Could be something given to a daughter from a mother and the daughter buried them for safekeeping.

Some of the earrings seem to be youthful and some have mature designs. I wonder if they were stolen or somebody got into trouble for having pierced ears or ??. Interesting find.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say 97, 98 then.

As I said some of those earrings, look alot older.

May have been handed down from her mother.

I'd Guess the Scissors Earrings are 50's .

So I'm going to Guess 50's to 70's on their age.

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dare I say - Looks like one of those geo-cache thingies - as described on another post on here somewhere.
Cheers, Mike

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very neat Mike, WTG!!!
A whole collection in just one dig, can't beat that with a stick...
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike,
That is soooooooooooooo cool!!! What a great surprise I bet. Those are some awesome pieces you found.
A BIG congrats to you,
MM

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, very cool find there. It does look like a time capsule buried by young girls with the time and date made so obvious. Looks like some nice pieces in that cache. It's just me but I'd consider that find one of my coolest finds if I had found it. Way to go there!

DANGLANGLEY

julesjunk

Nov 13, 2006
Going on the assumption that this was found in Germany (ie, you weren't on holiday here in the states), I find it interesting that they used a US dime as an indication of the year it was buried. Makes me wonder if it wasn't buried by the daughters of US military personel. I wonder if there was a base near this park in 97? I could see a group of young teens wanting to leave "their mark" in Germany before their family was shipped back to the states, or elsewhere.
Regardless, a fery interesting find!
cheers,
Jules

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's unbelievable Mike....Congrat's.I agree,some of that stuff look's older than 97' though.HH!!

Smokey

Feb 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Discovery 1100
WTG Mike!!!! I wish I would find something like that.... ;)

55TXBANDIT​

TeddyB1967

Feb 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
Bavaria Mike said:
Pictures are not great and do not click to enlarge, I am looking for a new server as this is getting a little obnoxious but can’t complain as it is a free server. Here’s the cache.

You can use Photobucket to host your picture's (and videos). It's free and very easy to use. I store most if not all my photo's there and you can set your account to private so no one can view your pictures without a password.

http://www.photobucket.com

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, that's an awesome find. That's gotta be pretty cool to find a cache.

HH

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just incredible. Nice group of finds. You also might be able to date the find by the style of the container (you said cool whip like - is it plastic?) if it has a emblem or design. Just a thought if you didn't have all the other evidence.

Once again, great find. Just love it.

HH.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have run into a couple of guys who say they have found amall caches like that. Seems girls ages about 9 to 12 have been hiding them and challenging peers to find them by leaving clues. I found one with just a note in it. I wrote a little message of my own and reburied it. Don't know if it is still there or not but I'll bet someone was surprised to find I had located and opened it. Monty

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bavaria Mike said:
Pictures are not great and do not click to enlarge, I am looking for a new server as this is getting a little obnoxious but can’t complain as it is a free server. Here’s the cache.

you should just post them through TreasureNet.

IF we wanted to add it to the banner above.
We would be able to then.

Being they all advertise another site isn't good either.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread