Upvote 0

DetectorBase

Dec 31, 2006
Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE w/SunRay X-1, X-5 and X-8 / Whites XLT / Whites GM3
crocop said:
Long Island Connecticut copper and Large Cent finds

Joey G and i hit a very old woods at an undisclosed location.

Joey G sniffed out a nice 17xx Connecticut copper and a Large Cent

I found a musket ball and two colonial buttons.

Some nice finds photos will be forth coming

Very cool! Looking forward to the pics.

DB

OP
OP
crocop

crocop

May 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Explorer II
with a name like pulltabsteve i can see why your not busy tomorrow. Just kidding Steve, this spot was researched and is now paying off, if i show up with three guys, they'll surely throw us out of there. The spot is a 3 mile square wooded area. and we Joe and I spent 4 hours there crawling through thick brush to get to clearings. will keep all posted
Regards
Mirco

Joe G

Dec 3, 2004
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's some pic's from today's hunt ;)

Here's the large cent... Mike and I thought it was an 1836 but after cleaning it up (a little too much) it looks more like an 1816. Not pretty but I'll take it ;D

of=50,590,442

Here's the back:
of=50,590,442

Here's what we think is a Copper. It's in really bad shape but I looked at a couple of pics of them and, while it's tough to see in the pics of this one, I can make out a few "landmarks" of the design.
of=50,590,442

If you use your imagination, you can see the 2 "n's":
of=50,590,334

Then, out of nowhere, I hit this really nice silver target that was only an inch or so down... Got this honkin' 925 ring (size 11 1/2)
of=50,590,442

Also got a musket ball that looks like it bounced off a couple of trees but Mike got a real nice one; perfect condition! (he also said he stepped on a big ol' snake who wasn't pleased :o )

Had a great time Mike! Let's do it again next weekend :) Good luck tomorrow. I want to see some silver or gold...

Joe G

willie3960

May 29, 2006
Long Isliand N.Y.
Detector(s) used
DFX .MXT.
nice finds. only 2 days ago you were asking if any thing was left to find on long island I think you have your answer good luck with your new spot.

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006
Great finds guys.But if if you guys are crawling in dense brush this time of year,I hope you are using lots of DEET and doing detailed tick checks,this is prime tick and lyme season.

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
cool finds. to bad crocop got his ass knocked out.i sure was going for him.i hope he wants another go at him when he gets better.

Joe G

Dec 3, 2004
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I thought about ticks while I was crawling through brush and thorns :) Not a one found. Next time I'll hit the spray beforehand (I left it in the car).

HH!

Joe G

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread