🥇 BANNER my best silver yet 1800 draped bust dime

Tony12100

Oct 14, 2013
Southern New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
UPDATE! NGC coin grade has arrived...AU details Stained. 2662135-001

So tonight after work I grabbed the 3030 and braved the tick and fly infested forest that I enjoy hunting. I invested in a head bug net. Great purchase it worked very well. So I got to detecting and it wasn't to long before I got a nice silver hit. Dug this awesome 1800 draped bust dime. Wow! I can't stop looking at it. Was a few other flat buttons and what looked like a worn to the flat draped half cent copper.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20150529_221023.png
    ForumRunner_20150529_221023.png
    506.5 KB · Views: 1,628
  • ForumRunner_20150529_221034.png
    ForumRunner_20150529_221034.png
    512.4 KB · Views: 1,151
Last edited:
Upvote 61

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update! The NGC coin grade has arrived. The 1800 draped bust Dime is NOT I repeat NOT a contemporary counterfeit as some had speculated. The coin is in transit back here so I logged in to NGC verification and Behold....drumroll....AU details .Stained. For those that can log into NGC the Coin Number is 2662135-001. Thank you for all who Voted Banner. I couldn't be happier!

That's better news than one could hope for! I was worried they'd say XF. Scratched. (due to ground-found)! Congrats! Just goes to show that when coins are recovered PROPERLY they don't acquire those hairline scratches that knock them down grades. Take note, folks who like to rub the silver coins they dig!

Congrats to the finder! This is the best silver coin to make the banner since Bill's Lord Baltimore coin!

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully, this will teach some of the coin "experts" here to refrain from calling a coin a possible "contemporary counterfeit" just because that particular coin has been counterfeited in the past.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Update! The NGC coin grade has arrived. The 1800 draped bust Dime is NOT I repeat NOT a contemporary counterfeit as some had speculated. The coin is in transit back here so I logged in to NGC verification and Behold....drumroll....AU details .Stained. For those that can log into NGC the Coin Number is 2662135-001. Thank you for all who Voted Banner. I couldn't be happier!

Whooot...Whooot...Whooot! Congrats...Congrats...Congrats! Great news Tony and I am extremely happy for you! By the way, did they attribute it for the Variety and if so, what is the Variety?

Okay, now where is that "Super Banner" button??!!:wink:

Frank

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's better news than one could hope for! I was worried they'd say XF. Scratched. (due to ground-found)! Congrats! Just goes to show that when coins are recovered PROPERLY they don't acquire those hairline scratches that knock them down grades. Take note, folks who like to rub the silver coins they dig!

Congrats to the finder! This is the best silver coin to make the banner since Bill's Lord Baltimore coin!

Agreed, and the fact that it was recovered in a forest rather than a rocky plowed field (like my last DB dime) helped preserve it from scratches.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Ah, it survived a lot really. It took a lot of stars aligning, good detecting, and cleaning to achieve where this coin is today and in such great condition. In other words-yeeeehaaaaa!

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whooot...Whooot...Whooot! Congrats...Congrats...Congrats! Great news Tony and I am extremely happy for you! By the way, did they attribute it for the Variety and if so, what is the Variety?

Okay, now where is that "Super Banner" button??!!:wink:

Frank
Should be either Davis-2 or JR-2.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stop the insults and attacks, if someone is violating TN rules report it, don't assume mods read every single post in every thread, its impossible!!!

swamp yankee

Jun 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a great find Tony! Proof positive that hunting the woods is almost a sure thing to find stuff that's not damaged by fertilizer,plowing. Getting a headnet's a must for most areas during summer,great advice.HH....

gigispop7

Mar 22, 2009
Oklahoma city,Ok
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Sovereign XS-2 Pro, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett AT gold, Minelab safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats a cool find ..i like that...

Silver Tree Chaser

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for not giving accolades for such a fantastic coin find in a more timely manner. So few of these coin types are found, and the condition on your coin is awesome!:hello2:

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
fantastic find of a lifetime.still high on my wishlist!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread