Miscellaneous Junk Jewelry, Clad & Other Stuff.....

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I went on a quick after work hunt tonight to my old trusty field that never runs dry no matter how often I return.
In the two hours I had I was killing the clad, some of it deep but nothing too old. I think the oldest clad coin was a 1970 penny.

I also dug my 2nd Canadian penny for the year. The really shiny quarters were a five coin pocket spill, most of which were still above ground hidden in the grass. I also got my first dog tag which expired in 2010.

Misc. Junk Jewelry Clad & Other Stuff May 29 2015 001.JPG

There are a few random items from a couple of earlier hunts I hadn't gotten around to posting, including my first complete "gun"! I believe it's a game piece; possibly from the game "Clue".

I also took a shot of all of the junk jewelry I've dug so far this year. There's a huge HIDEOUS fake gold ring and three junk rings (#'s 21-24). One is a once gold plated monogrammed ring and another is a genuine imitation "gold' kids ring with fancy decorations around it. There's also what's left of a kids "Ninja Turtle' ring. That one rang up in the low 60"s and I almost passed it by. And there's some kind of gizmo with the name "Cheyenne" on it.

Plus there are a few other odds and ends, another hideous once plated earring and assorted other worthless "jewelry". There are even some bits and pieces of something tiny with genuine imitation diamonds.

Misc. Junk Jewelry Clad & Other Stuff May 29 2015 002.JPG

I was strolling along the soccer field sidelines and got a nice high hit and found this:

Misc. Junk Jewelry Clad & Other Stuff May 29 2015 003.JPG

I have no clue what it is but I think it may be part of some kind of toy. That's a dragon or dinosaur head in the center.

I also dug up this guy:

Misc. Junk Jewelry Clad & Other Stuff May 29 2015 004.JPG

It's a tiny smiling frog figurine wearing a crown. I looked it up and although there are many different ones out there, I can't find one quite like it yet. This one may have a little age to it but I'm not really sure. Regardless, I thought it was cool. At first I actually thought it was a bullet. I didn't know it was a frog until I cleaned it. It almost went into the trash pile.

And last but not least, my first two Wheaties of the year; a 1951 and a 1951D:

Misc. Junk Jewelry Clad & Other Stuff May 29 2015 005.JPG

I dug one of those about a week ago and the second one tonight. Wheaties can sometimes save the day when nothing noteworthy shows up.

Although the best coin I found was the 1951D Wheatie and no silver has appeared yet, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. It was a BEAUTIFUL, quiet evening, the half moon was out and I hunted until it was too dark to see. I ran into a few kids and answered their treasure questions for a little while as well. I always enjoy the kids when they show up. Their Mom's ain't half bad either.

So overall, not the greatest hunt treasure wise but a great time and fun hunt nonetheless.
I could do this every day and never get tired of it.

Last edited:
Upvote 3

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am happy anytime I get at least one wheatie or anything unusual that's cool. I have Clue games going back into the '50's and your gun isn't familiar to me, but who knows.

OP
OP
Garrett424

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am happy anytime I get at least one wheatie or anything unusual that's cool. I have Clue games going back into the '50's and your gun isn't familiar to me, but who knows.

Yeah, Wheaties are good to find. I'm always happy when they show up and I'll take'em any time. At least when you find one you've technically found an "old" coin.

I'm not really familiar with "Clue" but my son suggested the pistol may belong to the game. We had the game when I was a kid but I never actually played it.

Oh well, it's a neat find regardless of what it belongs to. Maybe someone here at T'net can ID it's true origin.

I also looked up the Clue game pieces and they do have a gun but it's different. It's more of a curved, Derringer type.
Here it is:

Clue game Piece Gun.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Garrett424

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just noticed for the first time that there's a small loop at the bottom of the pistol grip.
Maybe it's part of a necklace or charm bracelet.

I can't remember how it rang up so I can't tell you what it's made of.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread