First diamonds

hikermike

Dec 16, 2004
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2
I found these two wheaties and $1.45 in clad along with this tie clip at a site I have been hunting off and on for months. This is the first confirmed gold, and the very first diamonds I have ever found.The wheaties were 1915 and 1957. The tie clip was either a 25 year or a 50 year employment gift from Lowenstein.This site has turned up piles of things and is still turning things up!! Good luck to everyone and H.H.

Attachments

• wheaties and tie clip.jpg
    wheaties and tie clip.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 326
  • clip.jpg
    clip.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 315
Upvote 0

Shutterbug

Nov 6, 2004
Great finds! Goes to show you that no mater how much a site is hunted... there is always more to find!! HH

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Congrats Mike. Nice to kill two birds with one stone ain't it? Gold and Diamonds. Nnniiiiicccee..~CO2

J

Jim Cal

Reallly nice finds! I've found as detectors get better and better I can go back to some of the places that have been hunted like crazy and still find some really good things. Thanks for the pictures. Jim Cal

OP
OP
hikermike

hikermike

Dec 16, 2004
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2
Thanks!! I guess I should have posted it in "CHURCHYARD FINDS", because they came from the same place as a bunch of other things I have found and posted on here a while back.Most of you have probably seen these before, but here is a few things that I have found in the same area.This area covers about 10-12 acres and has had five different church's on it dating back to the 1700's.Happy hunting!!

Attachments

• older coins crop.jpg
    older coins crop.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 168
  • misc finds3.jpg
    misc finds3.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 216
  • church finds.jpg
    church finds.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 164
  • older coins crop.jpg
    older coins crop.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 170
  • misc finds3.jpg
    misc finds3.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 168
  • church finds.jpg
    church finds.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 163

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
:o Nice clip Hiker,love all the metal.have a gas valve like the one in your pic,s.all brass cleaned up nice and works.Thanks for the pic,s.HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread