Another Silver and Civil War Era Coin - Future Gold - Had a great 7 Days

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Started out this morning looking for more permissions for local houses from the 1800's. Went to 4 homes, no answers. So I endnd going back to an old permission I hunted last July. The house shows on a map back in 1874. It had the local ice barn on it back in the day. Last year I pulled a few wheats, 3 rosies, some clad, and a WWI German Bavarian Merit Cross 1866 Merenti Swords Medal Badge. Today I went to the farthest part of the property from the house nearer where the ice barn stands. I spent 3 hours swinging slow. Plenty of targets. Dug a 1939 D quarter and an 1862 IHP as well as 2 wheats from the 50's and other clad. Was a beautiful day to be out. There is a huge brick house next door from the 1880s that I have been trying to get permission on. Half way through the hunt. I hear "are you finding anything good" I turned around and it was the lady that owns that house. We chatted for a while, and I got a tour of the huge brick house.
She gave me permission to detect the property anytime I want and I did not even ask. :occasion14:. An hour later I got back to the hunt. 30 minutes later another neighbor comes over for a chat. We tallked for about 30 minutes , a little about detecting and then about the history of the neighborhood. Before he left, he told me to go to another property about 2 blocks away. The house he grew up in. Seems his dad lost his gold wedding band in the flower bed and was never recovered. The ring was mine if I could get permission from the new owner. It Sure is nice to get a great permission and a lead on some gold.:thumbsup:
I forgot to mention the big brick house was used as the local VFW from the early 40's until ???, that means many people where on this property over the years. Later on it was something like an assisted living home for a few decades. It's on a corner lot 2 blocks from the center of town on a main road.

My birthday :occasion13:is on the June 9th and 2 days ago my wife asked what I might want as a present. I mentioned maybe another search coil for the detector. "How much are they?", she asked. Without hesitation I stated "about $200. Was told to go order the one I wanted:hello2::hello2: Man this has been a good week. By the way, last Sunday I found an 1855 LC, a 1920 King George LC, my 2nd Roy Rogers Good Luck Toke, and 11 wheats 1917 thru 1953D.

Sorry about the lengthy post, but had to get it out. Good Luck Hope you had a great week too.

20150606_181201.jpg
20150606_182441.jpg
20150606_181455.jpg

Upvote 13

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good finds and permission but don't let the wife find out you spent an hour with another woman today or that coil may do a return trip.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sometimes trying to get permissions can be very discouraging. I have had days when no one would be home and I'd almost rather have a " no " than the repetitive no one home. At least you could quit wasting gas. Glad the day turned out well for you and hope you can find that ring.

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sometimes trying to get permissions can be very discouraging. I have had days when no one would be home and I'd almost rather have a " no " than the repetitive no one home. At least you could quit wasting gas. Glad the day turned out well for you and hope you can find that ring.

OD you got that right. I do often drive to far way places, it's nice to have the chance to stay in town and end up only putting 3 miles on the vehicle. :thumbsup:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Birthday, same day as my soon to be 20 year old sons. And Congrats on some great hunting ground.

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a lot of digging for the week!!!! Gotta love those sites that keep it interesting. Nice finds!!! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a lot of digging for the week!!!! Gotta love those sites that keep it interesting. Nice finds!!! :icon_thumleft:

Those pics are from 3.5 hr hunt today. I normally don't take picks of the junk, usually only post pics of cool relics and coins.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool finds and very cool how the permissions are working for you. Nice! :-)

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Great foot work and some fine treasure. One reason I gave up the dirt hunting, too many disappointment's asking.. But you have done well.

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow,when things go right they go right!! A new coil, new permissions and some great finds already. What else could you ask for.
Good Luck with that new coil and those permissions!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread