First possible gold find, need opinions!

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi again! Went back out to the local city park beach again today for a few hours, came away with some junk, some clads, and a gold colored hoop earing that I though was junk jewelry. When I got it home and wiped the crud of of it, I notice some markings on the thin clasp, so I grabbed my magnifing glass. The marking is 6 characters long, the first character is a heart, the next two look like qN, with a space followed by 14K - ( looks like ♥qN 14k). Even though it says 14k, I still think it's a junk earing, but my wife thought the clasp itself may be gold, due to people with sensitive ears, so I thought I'd ask the question here before circular filing it. Has anyone seen this before?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
treasurekidd

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgot to add that my BH Pioneer 101 gave a good, strong low tone when I found it, like the machine is supposed to for gold or nickels. Thanks again!

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
It may be cheap 14k gold. I saw a show a while back about a month ago I think about gold jewerly that was marked 14k and 10k but was between 2k and 8k. My BH 505 has all gold as a low tone. Worst case take it to jewelry shop or antique shop and have them test it. Good luck

D

Darod

I don't know? If it says it gold, I would think it's gold :)

Nice dig anyhow, right :)

Rod

OP
OP
treasurekidd

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys! I guess I won't circular file it after all! Image, finding gold before ever finding silver or a really old coin. I'm gonna start buying lottery tickets, lol!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions