CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today it was extremely humid outside and in spite of my head wrap cloth and trying the head shake on occasion to keep the sweat from my glasses still had to stop several times and towel off my eyes and glasses. They had mowed some area that I had been wanting to hunt so I went out and was digging those crushed flat aluminum cans and the left over aluminum tops from the older steel cans. Did this till my junk holder was full and so I headed back to the truck to clear out my trash. Then I headed out to the middle section of the yard that always got mowed, got a few clad coins but nothing old and the heat was really getting to me. But on the way back to the truck and then over the gravel I kept seeking dig worthy signals. I had a nice quarter type signal but it was deeper than what I had been getting. After digging all the way through the gravel I stopped digging and used my Makro Pin-pointer to check for signal. There it was and I pried a bit to the side in the hard-pan soil with my Lesche tool and surprisingly some bright silver coin popped out of the soil !:hello2: It had to have been every bit of seven inches down, it was amazing that one of these coins suddenly was found, not sure what people call them. I had only found one in the past (was from a plowed field) and it was planed down and took some real study to tell what it was :laughing7:

6_16_2015 Standing 25 frnt.jpg 6_16_2015 Standing 25 obv.jpg

Thanks for dropping by :coffee2:

Upvote 24

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice SLQ ..... with a date even . All the SLQs I have ever dug have been dateless so that is a good first one to find . Congrats

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Beautiful Coin! Sure wish we had them like that now...Silver and Design..

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice SLQ. I have only found one of those, and the date was completely worn, along with most of the details.:thumbsup:
They were only minted for 15 years. 1916-30.
Good info there buddy thanks :headbang:

Thats a great find!
Hi B.W.D. :headbang: Thanks !
SWEET!!!!!!!!!! A SLQ with a date and nice details. That would be a great month for us!!!!!! :occasion18:

Hi basque-man 8-) Anything above dime sized silver is rare for me in general, I went all last year with no silver coins above dime size.
Congrats on that nice silver SLQ :occasion14: She is still on my bucket list.
Hi L-D :hello: Thanks hope you find one soon buddy !

Nice SLQ! I found my first this month too, but I got the more common No Date.
Hi qaela thanks :headbang: Oh surely theres a dated one waiting for you out there !

Yay CARM! Great find bud
Hi Ahab8 :hello2: Thanks pal !!

Like so many have already said - This is a wonderful find ! especially with a date . SLQ is definitely high on my wish list .
Hi Argentium :icon_thumright: I know been wanting a good one for years but that was my day and it was entirely unexpected too :laughing7:

Congrats on a great coin, an SLQ WITH a date! My only 1 is dateless too, great find!

Hi McClod, Thanks yeah I was in the dateless and mostly face less for a long time, my first one was over 15 years ago and planed flat to needing study to identify :laughing7:

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice SLQ...
Thanks parkie :icon_thumright:

They are pretty coins, especially with a date like yours. Nice find.
Hi treble, agreed I can't stop looking at it is an amazing coin !

A SLQ with a date, that's an Awesome find!!
I've got 4 dateless ones, would kill to find one with a date. Congrats!!
Hi deershed Thanks bro :headbang: Hope you find a dated one soon bud ! :metaldetector: :treasurechest:

She had been waiting all that time to just dance with you, Congrats!
Hi kingskid :icon_thumright: Good story :headbang:

Nice silver:thumbsup:
Hi creade thanks !

Very nice find CRM! I have yet to find an SLQ. Congrats on the sweet silver score!
Hey buddy , thanks lots , thats hard to believe you've not gotten one yet, but truth is stranger than fiction or so they say good luck on getting one then !! :hello2:

Nice SLQ ..... with a date even . All the SLQs I have ever dug have been dateless so that is a good first one to find . Congrats
Hi 46Wheat thanks man ! Agreed :headbang:

Very nice looking silver!
Hi Old Dude, thanks buddy :headbang:

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful Coin! Sure wish we had them like that now...Silver and Design..

Ho OBN nice to see you posting again ! Your a ring detecting machine :headbang: Agreed but I would like them nickel sized as 40 % silver two dollar coins :laughing7: That would be wicked eh ?? :metaldetector: :headbang: :treasurechest:

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really nice.

Dontcha' just LOVE digging through that old gravel?? I dug my one and only Flying Eagle cent in about 6-7 inches of gravel. Took a good 4-5 minutes to free that thing. I think they used to use bigger rocks back in the day too. The upside is, less dirt (and more rocks) in the hole means the coin has a better chance of coming out looking better.

Diggin' that gravel was worth it to me but your was most definitely worth it.

That's a really nice coin.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really nice.

Dontcha' just LOVE digging through that old gravel?? I dug my one and only Flying Eagle cent in about 6-7 inches of gravel. Took a good 4-5 minutes to free that thing. I think they used to use bigger rocks back in the day too. The upside is, less dirt (and more rocks) in the hole means the coin has a better chance of coming out looking better.

Diggin' that gravel was worth it to me but your was most definitely worth it.

That's a really nice coin.
Yeah it was worth it! I dug all over in the gravel around its area and no more oldie. Must have been a random drop makes it an even sweeter find what are the odds for digging it first?

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah it was worth it! I dug all over in the gravel around its area and no more oldie. Must have been a random drop makes it an even sweeter find what are the odds for digging it first?

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

I had found a few Wheaties in my gravel spot. That flying eagle was a bonus. I'm glad I decided to double check the area.

We've had so much rain here it's unbelievable. It poured again last night. I'm going back and see if anything else got stirred up or can be found in the wet ground.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
its a highly desired find by detectorist --a standing liberty quarter (silver 90% coin) the 1916 type with the bared breast is highly sought after by coin collecters

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread