Epic Hunt Double Silver Half Dollars Silver Dime Trifecta And More!

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I met up with my buddy Micah yesterday to hunt a spot we wanted to try about an hour away. We got started around an area that we thought would be productive, but the ground was hard packed and didn't have a lot of good signals, but Micah got things going with a Rosie. We moved over to another area and started to find some keepers. In no time at all Micah had 3 Rosies and a Washington and I had dug an old Green River Whiskey watch fob and a Union Ice Cream good luck medal. I finally got a silver with a very nice Barber Dime and after that I dug several Mercs. It was very hot so we took a break in the shade and was talking about how well we were doing and hoped the rest of the hunt went as well. We got back to hunting and right by our shade tree Micah dug another Washington just under the surface and I dug another Merc. We moved to the front of the place and I went down to the lower corner of the property. I wasn't getting much until about time to leave, I got a great sounding signal and dug the 37 Walker. I was so excited to see that big silver in the hole, I took some pics and moved on. Not even 15' away my next signal was screaming half dollar on the Etrac. I thought to myself as I was digging that there is no way this is another half. I about fell over when I saw the Franklin there in my plug. I took my pics, got up checked my hole and there was more, I pulled out the Washington and a wheat as well. I couldn't stay focused after that but managed to dig a Rosie next to that hole for the dime trifecta and my last dig was the silver cuff link which is something I've been wanting to dig. It's crazy how a hunt can start out slow but quickly turn into my best hunt ever! HH David

Attachments

• Epic (8).JPG
    Epic (8).JPG
    139 KB · Views: 254
  • Epic  (4).JPG
    Epic (4).JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 246
  • 1906.JPG
    1906.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 235
Upvote 34

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
" You can not be serious " That is absolutely ridiculous !! That would be a good years worth of finds for me - No I'm not Kidding !!

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can only dream of a hunt like this, unbelievable hunt!! Congrats!!

I'd be happy with just a few of those silvers. I'd be even happier with just one walker. Lol

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Epic is an understatement!!! Wow!!!!!!!!!! That Barber Dime is GORGEOUS!!! :notworthy:

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow. I would put that all in my pocket and start doing jumping Jacks just to hear the glorious sound. Killer hunt. Congrats!

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
:occasion18::icon_flower::occasion16::wav::occasion16::icon_flower::occasion18: I'm falling out of my chair like everyone else! Congrats!:hello2: You two git back thar cuz more is awaiting fer ye! :icon_thumright: Andi

Metal Magnet

Bronze Member
Oct 26, 2010
OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gosh! Did you get a time machine and go back to the 1970s for that hunt. That must have been a fun hunt, congrats!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very few hunts ever produce those results today, congrats on the productive hunt.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow, you knocked it out of the park with that hunt!, freakin awesome finds !!!

congrats, gonna be hard to top that day!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on all those silvers. A fist full of silver in one hunt is awesome. You were in the zone.... A hunt that many others will drool over, myself included.:headbang:

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Excellent!!! just Excellent!!!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on a really spectacular hunt. That is a bunch of silver. WOW...

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is a great hunt! Nice site, good finds, your pix are great too!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you for making me believe places like that still exist. Can you tell us why you picked that spot? Old buildings, old picnic grounds, old park? Why??
That is such a wonderful group of silvers, I would not be able to sleep for a week!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread