Jul 4, 2014
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/AT Pro
Garrett AT Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Headed down to the river at low tide to check a new spot. After finding a bunch of trash I stumbled across a signal that was 98-99 on the AT Pro at 2". Was sure it was junk but figured it was so shallow I'll check it anyways. Boy am I glad I did! Flipped over a flat rock about 6" across and 1" thick, moved a little muddy dirt and this flipped out. I'm not used to seeing coins this big and my heart about jumped out of my chest. She's a bit tarnished from the iron that was next to it and the saltwater but she should clean up nice. Every day I get out is a great day but this morning was frickin fantastic!

morgan1.jpg

morgan2.jpg

Upvote 46

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Makes me want to go kick some rocks over....Congrats!! HH

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the Silver Dollar club ! Just about everybody who finds one, think it's garbage prior to digging it
because it's such a big fat signal - I know I did - Great Find .

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Now that is a payment towards your ATP :)

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome !!! :occasion14:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now got to love it when the totally unexpected find appears and you can strike it off the list. Congrats on the big silver it's great shape.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the Silver Dollar club ! Just about everybody who finds one, think it's garbage prior to digging it
because it's such a big fat signal - I know I did - Great Find .

Yup that's what I figured when I dug mine . Congrats in 20 yrs you will be able to go to the exact spot you dug that and still remember where it was . I know I still can

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you see those big numbers on your screen ,you just have to dig.And when a nice big piece of silver turns up,you can jump for joy.Nice to find a silver dollar under your coil.Happy Hunting.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
AS OLE GOMER SAID GGGAULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.........NICE COIN.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Right on digging trash to get treasure, truth that there is no way around it !!! :occasion14:

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a killer find! I bet your still smiling:laughing7:! WOW! Super find! :notworthy::notworthy:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is quite a hunk of silver coin! Congrats!

Now I have to go back and dig up all those rocks with can signals under them....and hope it's not the sprinkler system! :tongue3: :laughing7:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did she get under that rock and does she have any friends out there for ya? Congrats

OP
OP
Bob207

Bob207

Jul 4, 2014
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/AT Pro
Garrett AT Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AS OLE GOMER SAID GGGAULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.........NICE COIN.

I probably shouldn't type what I said when I saw it lol. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Bob207

Bob207

Jul 4, 2014
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/AT Pro
Garrett AT Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did she get under that rock and does she have any friends out there for ya? Congrats

Found it at low tide in a river bank. Constantly getting rearranged, especially with high water. And I hope she has lots of friends. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Bob207

Bob207

Jul 4, 2014
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/AT Pro
Garrett AT Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This will prolly make some folks cringe....but I want to make it silver again. I soaked it in lemon juice for about an hour but it had little effect. Was searching the site and came across the aluminum foil and baking soda method. Is that a sure fire way to remove the tarnish? And is it 100% safe to do or is there any risk of damaging the coin? And thanks all for the replies....I'd say I am on cloud 9 but I would have to come down a few clouds to get there :)

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The foil method is 100% safe. The safest for sure. The old school crest toothpaste works but I wouldn't use it on that nice silver. I've used it on some beat up ugly ones. You just get the coin wet and put some toothpaste on your fingers and rub the coin in between. But try the foil method. And honestly you don't want to make it shiny my friend. A little dark toning on an old silver is perfect. Good luck and killer coin

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find... Be sure to post an after shot of the coin when you decide to do it.... Congrats!! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread