School yard, with Coiltek 10x5 on the Etrac

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have not been out in a while, so I changed from the stock coil to the Coiltek, and hit an elementery school. First time really using this coil, and it lived up to everything I heard and read. Lots of clad fast, locating and dig, dig dig! Now that I am over my cold, and the poison Ivy, I got at an old home site..............................(yeah I had it there too:BangHead:)! I might leave this coil on, for the parks, and beaches, and stay out of the woods:laughing7: 102_8501.JPG 102_8499.JPG

Upvote 6

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To help yourself from getting poison ivy ,wear long pants and shirts. Shower with a super strong soap as soon as you get home.With our warm weather it is really hard to cover up that much. You did not get skunked hunting with the new coil.Keep at it.

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To help yourself from getting poison ivy ,wear long pants and shirts. Shower with a super strong soap as soon as you get home.With our warm weather it is really hard to cover up that much. You did not get skunked hunting with the new coil.Keep at it.

Was all covered, except the hand I hold the detector with. Did'nt get it bad,thankfully, just enough to be annoying! I like the coil alot

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never did like that stock coil much, it seems like an afterthought to me more or less vs the CoilTek which are much superior !

new and old coils.jpg

Bought the coil on the left 3 years ago or so used, one on the right is the new one. Coil is a bit heavy but sometimes a battle ship is what you need to get the job done. In auto sensitive I get nickels 7 inches down easy. The old coil more than earned its keep given this picture the gold rings it got minus some returned ones.
a few reasons coil is fav.jpg

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
IS THAT YOU DB COOPER ? WHAT DID YOU DO WITH ALL THE CASH ALL THESE YEARS. I KNOW HIGH TAILED IT STRAIGHT TO VEGAS TO PLAY THE SLOTS AND THEY SAID YOU DIDNT MAKE IT AFTER YOU BAILED OUT THE PLANE, YOU SURE FOOLED THEM, AND HAVE A LITTLE CHANGE LEFT OVER. NICE...........VANZUTPHEN

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never did like that stock coil much, it seems like an afterthought to me more or less vs the CoilTek which are much superior !

View attachment 1177618

Bought the coil on the left 3 years ago or so used, one on the right is the new one. Coil is a bit heavy but sometimes a battle ship is what you need to get the job done. In auto sensitive I get nickels 7 inches down easy. The old coil more than earned its keep given this picture the gold rings it got minus some returned ones.
View attachment 1177619

Nice, coinandRelicman, My coiltek is solid, not open, like yours.........whats the difference?

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IS THAT YOU DB COOPER ? WHAT DID YOU DO WITH ALL THE CASH ALL THESE YEARS. I KNOW HIGH TAILED IT STRAIGHT TO VEGAS TO PLAY THE SLOTS AND THEY SAID YOU DIDNT MAKE IT AFTER YOU BAILED OUT THE PLANE, YOU SURE FOOLED THEM, AND HAVE A LITTLE CHANGE LEFT OVER. NICE...........VANZUTPHEN

Its me................ssssssshhhhhhhhh,.....lol

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice, coinandRelicman, My coiltek is solid, not open, like yours.........whats the difference?

Mine is the 12 x 8 version, it handles more trash than the stock coil, yet still gets great depth. I have a 6 inch CoilTek Treasureseeker now for the uber trashy areas or just scouting out spots.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! Silver, gold, and extra $$!

...and you've probably started every computer the FBI has checking that out! Lol!

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice pile of loot. That coil seems pretty awesome.

Sorry about that Poison Ivy. I don't get it at all but my oldest son gets it by looking at it and gets it really bad.

And yes, when he was about 4 he also got it "there".
I'll never forget it. He woke up and walked into the bathroom. About 4 seconds later I heard a blood curdling scream and ran in. That kid was in agony.

I used to use an astringent called Domeboro on him. You mix it with water and soak strips of cotton/linen cloth in it. Then you wrap or compress it directly on the spots. It dries it out and heals in about 1/2 the time. I highly recommend it. You can usually find it at any decent pharmacy.

Oh, that Ivy Block spray works really well too. You spray it on and it creates a barrier that won't let the oil adhere to the skin. It's good stuff. A little pricey but it's worth it.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the bling and clad haul. Looks like the sites had plenty of targets to keep you busy. G;ad to read your new coil is working out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread