Come witness my 1st Silver Half EVER! 1904S Barber Half!!!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well its about time a half showed up under my coil, ok lemme get to the story first:

ok so today I had plans on hitting the turnpike south to a town called Quakertown, 20150625_091618.jpg I wanted to secure a permission in the worst way, I hit 3 ideal homes, 2 no one was home at, and the 3rd was a renter, sweet lady though, just couldn't grant permission, I decided "heck with this" and traveled 45 minutes south to the location where I got my French colonial copper the other day, easy public place that is just insane with history. So right away I picked up where I left off the other day and nailed wheat after wheat, I thought ok cool, lets get to the silver!, 5 wheats in, that's exactly what happened, 1910 barber dime!!:headbang: 1 barber a.jpg 1barber b.jpg so now im in the mindset, calm cool, collect, slow with the swing and 5-6 wheats later, bam another 1910 barber dime DUAL barber dimes of the same year!, barber 2.jpg the thing about this place is a lot of targets give weird VDIs, not what youd be used to, so I tried another section of the site and hit a clad dime, stood up, rescanned, and clear as day, loud 11-46 at 6-7 inches out pops the 1831 Largie!!!:headbang: 20150625_143324-1.jpg I had to text everyone the pics of course!:tongue3: after the largie I decided to make a slow march towards my car, and back to my first section I get a nice tone, out pops a 54 roosie, I thought cool, lets see the merc for the silver trifecta, sadly that didn't happen, but what happened next kind of obliterated that stupid trifecta. I got a weird 1-50, 7-48, 7-49 tone bouncing back and forth, and thought hmm, probly a can, it was 5-6 inches down and I dug under some roots, popped up dirt in my shovel and there she sat......1904S barber half!!!:headbang::headbang: MY FIRST SILVER HALF!!! 20150625_152501.jpg 20150625_152458.jpg I had no idea I was digging a great target, thought I had junk!, unfortunately I scraped the front by the date pretty good but I could care less, 20150625_153546.jpg 20150625_153534.jpg I got my first half and am super pumped!!! after the reveal I called George to tell him and called it a day, 20150625_153525.jpg 20150625_192200.jpg 20150625_192131.jpg 20150625_191406-1.jpg what a freakin good 3 out of 4 past days I had, couldn't be happier, thanks for reading the novel guys, hope you all can get out and swing that coil!!

thanks for looking and HH!!!

Time to celebrate: 20150625_195504.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 40

Threshold

Mar 3, 2012
Riverside, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garret Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Damn! You had an amazing day! Congrats!

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awsome video Chris..
And man what a day you had!!
That definitely looks like a fired musket ball, right size..
Amazing that stuff is coming out of that place..
How many kids have been walking over that stuff for decades and decades..
I think im going to have to give that place a shot again.
There just might be a regiment button there, or a USA..
How cool would that be???

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awsome video Chris..
And man what a day you had!!
That definitely looks like a fired musket ball, right size..
Amazing that stuff is coming out of that place..
How many kids have been walking over that stuff for decades and decades..
I think im going to have to give that place a shot again.
There just might be a regiment button there, or a USA..
How cool would that be???

I cleared out all the modern riffraff for ya, hammer that place!, Im taking a small break, gotta spend time with the family for the rest of my vacation, that's more important than detecting, thanks again! It's been a crazy past few days!

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That last picture - Now that's what I'm talking about !!! You just put up a good years worth of treasure in my world ,
all those oldies and I don't think I see an Indian Head cent in there ? how does that happen ?

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! I'd be camped out at that site:laughing7: Killer finds! Great video too! :notworthy::notworthy:

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
455 YOU GOT THAT DETECTOR SHIFTED IN HIGH GEAR. MUST HAVE BEEN A GOOD SPOT.NICE....

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yet another drool inducing hunt! Man you are really doing great, congrats on the sweet semi key Barber half. I found a 1904 Barber half in a mega silver spill a few years ago, but no mint mark. Too bad, because it's in pristine condition. How I wished for that "S" of yours haha!

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!! What a great day!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!:occasion14:

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP WS4 Wireless Headphones,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your on a hell of a run. Your killing me with those texts while I am working. Nothing like sticking, twisting, and turning. Lol. Congrats on your first half!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Probably a good thing you didn't get a permission, huh? That would be your second best hunt ( after your oldest coins the other day ) I suppose? That 's a vacation!

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome hunt cjon, i remember when i found my first half i was also pumped...Congrats man...

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the sweet first half
Thanks!, I would've been happy with a franklin for my first, a 1904s barber? yeah ill take it!!

Yet another drool inducing hunt! Man you are really doing great, congrats on the sweet semi key Barber half. I found a 1904 Barber half in a mega silver spill a few years ago, but no mint mark. Too bad, because it's in pristine condition. How I wished for that "S" of yours haha!
Thanks a lot JC, you knew my struggle of not getting out too much prior to these past few days, I suppose its back to reality now lol

1904s!! right on. Pretty low Mintage semi Key Date!!
Thanks Jack!, too bad I nicked the face by the date pretty bad:BangHead:

455 YOU GOT THAT DETECTOR SHIFTED IN HIGH GEAR. MUST HAVE BEEN A GOOD SPOT.NICE....
Thanks Sutphin, I really had to concentrate and swing slow as there is a lot of junk there!

WOW! I'd be camped out at that site:laughing7: Killer finds! Great video too! :notworthy::notworthy:
Thanks, it was hard to video the half w/o dropping the f bomb lol!!

Hot dang! Great silver finds! :treasurechest::thumbsup:
Thanks a lot, all I needed was a measly merc for the dime trifecta???

That last picture - Now that's what I'm talking about !!! You just put up a good years worth of treasure in my world ,
all those oldies and I don't think I see an Indian Head cent in there ? how does that happen ?
A few were pulled from that place a few weeks ago by Carolina tom, I didn't dig too many of those tones, they were too similar to freakin zinc pennies lol

Damn! You had an amazing day! Congrats!
Thank you!, back to reality now:sadsmiley:

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome hunt cjon, i remember when i found my first half i was also pumped...Congrats man...

Thanks a lot PP!, such a cool feeling, heck I was still on cloud 9 from my 2 colonial coins from Tuesday, that was just the icing on the cake!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably a good thing you didn't get a permission, huh? That would be your second best hunt ( after your oldest coins the other day ) I suppose? That 's a vacation!
Thanks dave, had I gotten permission at one of the 3 houses I tried, I may have hit the jackpot, all 3 were 1700s homes constructed of stone with nice big yards too, that's ok I guess ill take the alternative:tongue3:

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man Chris you had a Great vacation you have found more in the last couple of days than most find all year. And just think all this with out OD. I think he's been holding you back. Lol. So now that you know the problem you should leave him at home from now on.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man Chris you had a Great vacation you have found more in the last couple of days than most find all year. And just think all this with out OD. I think he's been holding you back. Lol. So now that you know the problem you should leave him at home from now on.
LOL thanks tyler but that's terrible!! lol, I asked him on a date last night, he said yes, im so excited lol!!!

what should I wear?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread