🥇 BANNER Took me 28 years of detecting, I finally did it.. Gold Coin !

here4themoney

Mar 3, 2015
SE Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold - White's Prizm IV - BountyHunter Quick Draw II - BountyHunter Pioneer 101 - Compass Judge
Garrett Pro Pointer - Gold Pans and Sluices
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There i was at my favorite local park, heading towards the car, swinging on the way of course and I got a signal, I remember thinking, "Oh another pull tab probably" but it wasn't a pull tab, it shined back at me as if it was minted yesterday. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, is this a full sovereign? I had only seen them a few time in youtube videos, but there it was 1900 Queen Victoria Full Sovereign. I was shaking, I couldn't even drive, I had to wait a few minutes and chill out.

I am beyond thrilled.. I love this little coin. I love this hobby. Got it with the AT Gold my favorite detector.

Gold Sovereign first pic.jpg Gold Sovereign obverse.jpg

More pics..
Gold Sovereign comparison to nickel.jpg reverse Sovereign.jpg

Here is the entire 6-7 hour hunt. There was even a kids buried cache in a plastic box that was sealed in a ziplock bag. With 24 pennies a zippo and a plastic gem.
total hunt.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 111

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Pro Pointer and Whites TRX Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here4themoney, Congratulations!!! You have most definately put in many years of patience and persistent work, undoubtedly tens of thousands of hours of hunting to have it finally, at long last pay off by rewarding you with a fantastic gold coin! Not that you haven't had many many rewarding finds, but a GOLD coin is tops in my book!

I'm only into my 3rd year of detecting, an d didn't start until I retired at 55, so unless some unbelievably lucky fluke of nature and location puts my coil over 1, and I am wise enough to realize the signal is worth digging, it would seem my chances are slim on finding 1 in the amount of time I have remaining in my detecting career. It's a BANNER find in my book and we'll deserved, congratulations!

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does everyone know HOW to vote banner for a find? It takes more than posters saying I think it's a banner find. I'm still baffled this isn't there yet.
Congratulations on the Banner find. I think alot of people think that all you have to do is say Banner instead of hitting the banner button and saying why you believe its a Banner find. I think this may be the reason some finds don't make it.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
super sweet. I can only imagine what it's like to pull something like that out of the ground. congrats!

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
28 years…WOW…well deserved…Congrats….just hope the rest of us don't have to wait that long ….looks good on top!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Late to the party, as I was on vac. past week or so.... congrats on your gold!!!

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find congrats

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What can one say that has not already been said? It looks great on the banner? You bet it does! Everyone really likes it. That is a dream dig!
Congratulations and....
Happy Hunting!
TnMtns

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, what a beauty! :hello2: Congrats on reaching a huge milestone. WTG on the Banner too!

HH

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on finding your first gold coin! :occasion14:

Dave

Jul 12, 2014
Brenham TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTi 2500 pro plus box, cobra beach magnet, MPX digital
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since it's not old enough, pls put the kids box back in the ground!

Hot diggity

Nov 19, 2014
I doubt you would, but don't sell that Here4themoney. Don't mean nothing to me if you do, but your better off having that than some $ supposedly backed by gold. Once in a lifetime find. Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread