Massieville Mike

Mar 7, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Garrett AT Gold, Teknetics ETP, Fisher CZ6a, Teknetics T2se
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Recently bought a used T2se from Keith at Fort Bedford detectors. Only been out with it twice due to work and rain. Found this old shotgun head stamp and thought I would share. It's a Peters 12 gauge "Target" with a closed "P", approx dates of manufacture would have been 1910-1927. Got a lot of learning to do but I'm really digging (pun intended LoL!) this "new to me" T2se. It gave me really solid hits in every direction on this headstamp (6+ inches deep, 8-9+ if you count the 2-3" grass I was swinging over, I wasn't rubbing the ground with it) in default mode, 2 tone, 60% sensitivity. Think I'm going to have a lot of fun with this. That said, if you read this post, thank you Keith! You gave me a good deal on a fine detector!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 8

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! Your on your way to finding lots of treasure! Enjoy the journey!

ATpro5

Jan 4, 2013
SW Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster,At Pro,Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice headstamp! I love how the varieties vary from region to region. I've never dug that one before.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been using the T2 for close to 2 years now. It was my first machine and it has far exceeded my expectations. I run mine predominately at sens 98 disc 0 2+ tones. But my sites are far from civilization and they allow me to run it that hot. Don't pay any attention to the numbers on deep targets. They may jump and be erratic. Just remove a couple inches off the top and scan again. Normally if it's a good target it will clean up for you. The tree coin I found was on edge and deep and gave a very erratic signal. But I knew it was deep and after I removed a few inches of soil it cleaned right up and was a solid consistent 80. When you get solid hits on the T2 between 80-88 it's usually a nice keeper. Good luck

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice start ...keep digging

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... I run mine predominately at sens 98 disc...

Aww, hell no! What about the 8s? Because of you, my friend, I've been setting my T2 sens at 88 and my disc at 8, and you gonna throw a damn 9 in there on me? It's on now!;D Ooh, and look what I found just a few minutes ago.

8.JPG

Really, mine's been a good machine so far. Just got to get it over some good targets. I've been working the yard next door. Since it's empty and I mow the damn yard to keep the neighborhood from going to pot, I just help myself. A couple of months ago, I found a 1936 Buffalo and a 1899 V nickel the same day. Last week, I moved to the other side and found another Buffalo, then Sunday, I found 2 more. And Abe's right, you can't really go by the numbers and they do clear up after you take 2 inches or so off the top. You're gonna learn to love the machine. Just give it time.

Last edited:

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
YES SIR OLE SALT PETERS HIMSELF !!!!!!!!

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find you going be enjoying the T2 I've been using for two years found silver in well hunted areas

OP
OP
Massieville Mike

Massieville Mike

Mar 7, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Garrett AT Gold, Teknetics ETP, Fisher CZ6a, Teknetics T2se
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the comments, and especially the tips folks! I appreciate it!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I used the T2 exclusively for a year and had good luck with it. I'm with Abe. 85-90 for sens and my descrim is higher but still low at about 15. I have found some real nice stuff with it and use it mainly in two conditions. Clean(er) dirt with less junk, and in disturbed ground. That machine can cut through the BS and find some really deep stuff.

I have a long list of readout numbers, so I you're interested just PM me.

Steve

Texas Kid

Jun 4, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
gazrret & bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I sure have been lusting over one of those T-2s ! Hope to hear more about it! I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on one Would just like to get a little more input from those who own 'em! Good lick with yours ! Hope you find good treasure this season!:thumbsup:The Kid

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread