Bobbie Cleans up Big this Weekend

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
I had to attend a conference on friday so we had to go out of town. The conference was done by noon on friday leaving me and Bobbie the rest of the weekend to hunt some of our once every few monthes sites. We also got to explore a couple of surrounding cities and see what they had to offer. Needless to say we had a great weekend. Bobbie was a coin finding machine , her total for friday afternoon, all day saturday and this morning was 336 coins for $ 28.46. She also got 1 silver ring and 3 silver earrings. My finds werent nearly so impressive at 216 coins for $17.41 but still good weekend for me too. I did get a few nice pieces though as 2nd school we went to saturday morning I found 2 18k bangle bracelets, and later on the day added a 14k cross with cz'z. also found 2silver pendents, and 2 silver earrings to round out the weekend.
Our next road trip is scheduled tentalively for 2nd weekend in April as we have company coming for Easter. Guess that gives me enough time ro develop some sites to see if she can top this weekend.
hh

Upvote 0

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Sounds like a TREASURE hunt success story to me. Congrats. I have yet to find anything close to that number of coins in a day. Spotz

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Love those quickie school and playground hunts when you can find the unhunted spots. Nice digs!

Shutterbug

Nov 6, 2004
Wow... That's over 500 coins in a couple of days! I'll bet your back was sore from all the digging! You know it's a good day when you find both gold and silver!

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
Excellent finds for the weekend!Nice to hear someone else is getting whipped once in a while by there spouse too!

bigrig

OP
OP
dave-enc

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Bigrig,
Bobbie beats me for total amount 9 out of 10 times, she works very quickly, where as I am plodder listening for every whisper. The story on the gold cross exemplifies this. We could tell where somene else had already been at that particular school yard earlier in the day by the mulch being moved around. There was med size piece of foil laying on top of the ground, when i picked it up so not to break my sweep pattern, i got a little whisper signal and down about 6" was the gold cross in a verticle position. I know If I hadnt moved the tin foil and thrown in my pouch, I would have missed the gold cross. Since this was a school we hunt once every few monthes I didnt want to find that tin foil next time.
besides having Bobbie find more at the sites lets me stay longer at the site.
hh

D

Darod

lol

Sounds like your very last comment on bobbie finding more is the key to your enjoyment :) If you can make her happy then you get to play longer :)

Smart man. That's a rule/moto to live by ;)

Rod

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions