Some bottles and a star!

Kevlardini

May 18, 2015
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-4
Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Garret Treasure Ace 300
I started of using a bounty hunter junior! :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to my two favorite dumps, and a roadside free pile:headbang:, and amassed this small collection. I've been finding ridiculous amounts of milk glass, and found a whole bunch more today! There is also that metal star. It fits in the palm of my hand and is made of a thin metal, (tin or pressed steel???). Does anybody know what it was for and how old it might be? And sadly, no mysterious sitings this time.:laughing7:

101_0795.JPG 101_0796.JPG 101_0797.JPG 101_0798.JPG 101_0799.JPG 101_0800.JPG

Upvote 7

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
HEY DINI LOVE THE STARRRR .

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep digging, sorry I don't know what your star is. They tell me where your finding the bottles, dig deep there. Sometimes bottle dumps were in the same area in families and the really really old stuff is deep. Have you tried with your Ace to detect outside the perimeter of the dump. I have had luck around old cellar holes and older sites? Good luck, I like old bottles too.

OP
OP
Kevlardini

Kevlardini

May 18, 2015
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-4
Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Garret Treasure Ace 300
I started of using a bounty hunter junior! :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey treblehunter,
thanks for the suggestions. I went out today and tried detecting around the area. I didn't find much except tinfoil, bottle caps, and false readings. I went back to dig some more, and went deeper. As I went deeper, I hit sand. I think it must have been put there by man, because sand isn't common here. Would that possibly mean there is more underneath, or is the sand just a coincidence? Luckily, I did find this nice amber bottle, probably from the late 1800's. 101_0802.JPG 101_0803.JPG

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ah yes, ones mans trash.....

I've found a few of those old ceramic seals and the latest also came from a dump. I love digging those kinds of sites.

Cool finds; nice hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread