Virgin ground, first ring of 2015 / What are these triangles?

robaz

Greenie
May 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20150702.jpg
Today I finally got to a spot that I am pretty sure no one has been to before. It is under bleachers at a football field that is normally locked. I got permission to hunt it and since I work there, I have a key to get to where I need to go. The ring is nothing special, it appears to be a copper personalized ring that says "CHRIS". I have seen these in years past when I was a kid, you used to be able to go to Mexico and for about 5$ they would engrave these copper rings. I am pretty sure this is one of those.

The ground is littered with targets, this was a quick hunt and I managed to pull tons of metallic triangles, the ring, 2 pennies and a bunch of other junk not pictured. Does anyone know what these triangle things might be? Since they are under the bleachers and I am sure no one has hunted there in years I wonder if they are left over from when the bleachers were constructed. They seem to be maybe aluminum? They are bendable with force and like I said they are everywhere. I only hunted a probably 10 x 10 foot area and was constantly hitting targets. My daughter went with me and got bored so I left after maybe an hour or so. I will be going back there.

Robaz

Upvote 1

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The triangles mat be pieces of aluminum siding. Keep swinging you will fond some coins there...

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
IF THEY ARE COPPER OR TIN THEY COULD BE THE ENDS OF THE STANDING SEAM ROOFING PANELS AT THE EDGE CLIPPED OFF. I REALLY CANT TELL BECAUSE OF THE PIC BUT I USED TO INSTALL THIS STYLE OF ROOFING WHEN I WORKED FOR THE GOV. IN WASHINGTON, DC, OR THEY COULD BE AS LOCO STATED. BUT NOT SURE.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The triangles look like off cut to me. IOW, scraps left over from cutting/snipping aluminum.

Cool pile of finds. Congrats on your 1st. ring of the year. A ring is still a ring regardless of what it's made of.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions