My first silver washington and more

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro,Garrett 5x8, Nel Tornado / Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro Pinpointer‎/ Minelab X-terra 705 / Makro pinpointer / Nel Tornado coil / Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out to an old one room school house that shows some promise. Wasn't there long and I got the 1935 Washington, about an hour later the rain came pouring down. 1937,1951, and two 57's wheats. Plated gold ring and the shotgun stamp. REM-UMC 12ga Nitro Club made from 1911-15

IMG_0280.JPG IMG_0282.JPG

These finds are from Wednesday at a local park after work. Needed some pop machine money. LOL I thought it was pretty cool that I found two hearts that evening. One was copper and silver plated. The other is silver. Sorry these are cell pics. My good camera is not working.

Attachments

• Belmont .JPG
    Belmont .JPG
    945.6 KB · Views: 107
  • Belmont .JPG
    Belmont .JPG
    961.8 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Upvote 10

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
UH OH , NOT AGAIN . HOPE AND A LOT OF CHANGE.

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now the will keep comin great job!

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Pro Pointer and Whites TRX Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your 1st silver Washington quarter Hilljack! And older one at that! You sure had a well rounded group of nice finds there! I can't wait to see what you find in your next hunts there so hurry back hehe.

I must have had dumb luck, my 1st silver coin was a 42 Washington quarter, and while I was very excited at finding my 1st silver, I was dissapointed it wasn't a merc lol.

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Pro Pointer and Whites TRX Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Washington quarters from the thirties are a tough find ! The Great Depression was raging hard by that time so a quarter
was a tough loss for most .

Well that is nice to know, puts a whole new perspective on my 1934 quarter. When I found it I thought "hey its older than the others I've found so far". Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread