Silver dime trifecta, Plus silver quarters, wheats, musketball, relics!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Headed down south today again, this time I had my 14 yr old son with me, met up with OldDude nice and early and headed for the old school with intentions on trying to get a permission along the way, im not real familiar with the area so I felt like we were wasting time and we decided to just head for the school. worked the school for about 2.5 hrs and managed a few good finds. First and 3rd targets were the 1917 and 41 mercs, plus a cool musket ball, the neat decorative cap thing that's all brass,(feel free to chime in if anyone knows what it is) plus a small buckle and about 2 bucks in clad. It slowed down a lot so we headed for home with the intention of trying to get permission somewhere. Dave spotted a nice house built 1877 so I pulled in to ask, no one home but as I was pulling away I noticed an older gentleman starting to cut the grass so I approached him and he was very receptive, said sure go ahead. First good target there was the 1903 barber dime, very thin and worn but that's ok ill take it!!, also managed a few wheats before pulling the sweet SLQ w/o a date!!! 2nd slq this year, a few wheats later popped the 46 roosie to complete the dime trifecta, second time I did that this year! Finally I went around to the front of the house where there was a neat old water pump and got a nice 12-46 at about 5 inches and popped the 54 Washington, finally got a Washington quarter this year!!!, we headed home shortly after that.

Today was freakin awesome cause I actually spent the entire day with my 14 yr old which we all know isn't too easy once they hit that age. Thanks for looking and HH!!! Also HAPPY 4TH OF JULY TOMORROW EVERYONE!!!
20150703_152201.jpg 20150703_182421.jpg 20150703_185147.jpg 20150703_185227.jpg 20150703_185339.jpg 20150703_185122.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 25
OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congratulations on all the silvers Chris! :notworthy:

The "neat decorative cap thing that's all brass", looks to be the cover from a Victorian doorbell. Of course, someones probably told you that! :laughing7:

This small brass buckle next to the bell cover looks to have some serious age to it. :o

Dave
Thanks Dave, I have no idea what the cap thing is, the verdict is still out, the buckle was neat little find and I was pumped to find 6 silver in one hunt again, I did that earlier in the season and thought that was gonna be my best ever

thanks again!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions