Silver dime trifecta, Plus silver quarters, wheats, musketball, relics!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Headed down south today again, this time I had my 14 yr old son with me, met up with OldDude nice and early and headed for the old school with intentions on trying to get a permission along the way, im not real familiar with the area so I felt like we were wasting time and we decided to just head for the school. worked the school for about 2.5 hrs and managed a few good finds. First and 3rd targets were the 1917 and 41 mercs, plus a cool musket ball, the neat decorative cap thing that's all brass,(feel free to chime in if anyone knows what it is) plus a small buckle and about 2 bucks in clad. It slowed down a lot so we headed for home with the intention of trying to get permission somewhere. Dave spotted a nice house built 1877 so I pulled in to ask, no one home but as I was pulling away I noticed an older gentleman starting to cut the grass so I approached him and he was very receptive, said sure go ahead. First good target there was the 1903 barber dime, very thin and worn but that's ok ill take it!!, also managed a few wheats before pulling the sweet SLQ w/o a date!!! 2nd slq this year, a few wheats later popped the 46 roosie to complete the dime trifecta, second time I did that this year! Finally I went around to the front of the house where there was a neat old water pump and got a nice 12-46 at about 5 inches and popped the 54 Washington, finally got a Washington quarter this year!!!, we headed home shortly after that.

Today was freakin awesome cause I actually spent the entire day with my 14 yr old which we all know isn't too easy once they hit that age. Thanks for looking and HH!!! Also HAPPY 4TH OF JULY TOMORROW EVERYONE!!!
20150703_152201.jpg 20150703_182421.jpg 20150703_185147.jpg 20150703_185227.jpg 20150703_185339.jpg 20150703_185122.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 25

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Chris. I know there is a pond or two in that area that gives up some goodies too.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Chris. I know there is a pond or two in that area that gives up some goodies too.

Thanks tyler, that pond was freakin great, not my spot though, that lucky vino!!!

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A great haul for such a short time. Love the standing and the mercs:occasion14: Barbers are always a welcome sight:headbang: Awesome relics,love that brass cap:rocks3:

Last edited:

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks tyler, that pond was freakin great, not my spot though, that lucky vino!!!

Oh yes I know but with his newfound fame as a YouTube star and the likelihood that he will soon be too busy signing autographs and won't have time to hunt maybe he will pass it on.

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a load of silver for a short hunt and wheats to boot. Sweet digs.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt !! :thumbsup:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am going to have to start charging for being your good luck charm for those Barbers. This is what...4th hunt in a row that you've gotten a Barber dime? Best part of the day was the fact that Christopher did NOT find a silver nickel lol. Thanks for the day and have a good time tomorrow with the family.

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Chris great hunt today!!!
That musket ball, Them kids in the 50s must have had a drive by????
That brass piece, can We see the back? It looks like a butt cap of a flint lock pistol. If it is I bet its French and would go with the coin you found last week..
Awsome!!!

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dude ur on fire lately...I haven't gone out but I think u took my flame!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man 6 silvers in one day. Something I have yet to do. What did your son find? I bet he found all those keepers and your just taking the credit for them since you are a member here. :tongue3:

Awesome day...:occasion14:

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super Sweet day!!

Family, friends and a pile of silver, what else could you ask for!!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your a fast digger Chris, nice finds, good work!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've been on a nice hot streak lately

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A great haul for such a short time. Love the standing and the mercs:occasion14: Barbers are always a welcome sight:headbang: Awesome relics,love that brass cap:rocks3:
Thanks Creade, that barber gave a choppy signal, its very thin and worn
Nice finds bother! :thumbsup:
Thanks!

Thats a load of silver for a short hunt and wheats to boot. Sweet digs.
Thanks Jim, all in all about 4 -5 hours of swinging

Nice hunt !! :thumbsup:
Thanks a lot!

I am going to have to start charging for being your good luck charm for those Barbers. This is what...4th hunt in a row that you've gotten a Barber dime? Best part of the day was the fact that Christopher did NOT find a silver nickel lol. Thanks for the day and have a good time tomorrow with the family.
Dave thanks for tagging along and being my good luck charm lol!, youre right, that's the 4th straight hunt with you that I have found a barber, don't worry yours is coming!!, Christopher said your a pretty cool guy, he was glad to meet ya finally

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds you have today!!!!:thumbsup:
Thanks ya sir!

That's a very strong day for silver and wheaties - nice going !
thanks argentium, 6 silver in one day is my personal best, I did it earlier this season too, this tied it!

Thats right!!!!
Stay away ftom my POND..
ahh cmon you know me lol!!!

Dude ur on fire lately...I haven't gone out but I think u took my flame!
Thanks NEPA, its been a great past few hunts, however I did drive my butt off for this day, about 210 miles round trip

Man 6 silvers in one day. Something I have yet to do. What did your son find? I bet he found all those keepers and your just taking the credit for them since you are a member here. :tongue3:
Awesome day...:occasion14:
Thanks LOCO, my son tried my atpro, it was chattery at the school so instead he did what hes always liked doing, following me around and pinpointing the plug

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread