Gold Ring #65, 2 Walkers, 4 Wash, 1 merc, 1 sterling and a Whatsit? Earing?

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Did my first Ocean hunt since last year, things are still very slow other then the Coins, did get a very small 925 ER with the back still on it so it must have been dropped off the towel.

Back home for the 4th.. Slipped out Friday for 4 hours, at first it was bleak until I started getting deep targets. Then they just started rolling in... The best find of the day was when I helped out one of the locals. My Best hunting spot this year. Private Beach, I have friends there but they live at the far end of the area. A little less then a mile walk to the beach, carrying the sifter, scoop, detector wearing a drysuit in 80 degree weather. Very tuff walk back. I was able to help out one of the key holders to the beach parking area, He gave me a sticker to put on my truck so I can park at the beach parking anytime.....What a Blessing...This will make hunting here so much easier and save me the 15 minute walk to and 15 from. That had to be the Icing on the cake for the day...

OC Treasure and then the Bays...

OBN0433.jpg

All cleaned up

OBN0439.jpg

Then the Whatsit.. I am guessing a Earing or a pendent from the 40's being brass? Any other ideas..

OBN0456.jpg

Upvote 16

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man you freakin mop up the goods in the ocean!, I always love opening up your posts, I know im in for an eye full!!!

congrats!

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!! Congratulations!!:occasion14:

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a difference a day makes, your the king of gold rings, nice. I like those walkers and all the other cool stuff. Nice work.

ArmyJoe

Apr 30, 2014
S. Korea
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good finds OBN! About the pendant thing, if you get an answer on what it is let me know! I found one in a park in Tacoma, WA few months back. The center of mine appears to have gold flake and turquoise inside. Pic posted... ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436036121.981876.jpg

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OBN,

Quite the haul of gold and silver....you're making out like a pirate this season.

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
man you freakin mop up the goods in the ocean!, I always love opening up your posts, I know im in for an eye full!!!

congrats!
Thanks Cjon, Brad and I hit this same spot Monday and the water was unreal ruff. This trip it was as calm as his lake and really made for some good target assortment.

Very Nice!! Congratulations!!:occasion14:
Thanks Hamid!! You are still the King, And you show great strength in not posting it.

What a difference a day makes, your the king of gold rings, nice. I like those walkers and all the other cool stuff. Nice work.

Amazing .. I agree. We will have to make plans again for later July on this spot. But this time around the winds.

Good finds OBN! About the pendant thing, if you get an answer on what it is let me know! I found one in a park in Tacoma, WA few months back. The center of mine appears to have gold flake and turquoise inside. Pic posted...
Wow!! That is the same design and almost the same. I will keep you informed..is yours brass also..

OBN,

Quite the haul of gold and silver....you're making out like a pirate this season.

Regards + HH

Bill

Thanks Bill, Really just doing a lot more time in the water.. which has made a huge difference. I think this time last year I may have had 5 golds..

Last edited:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds..
I wish that I lived closer to the Sea.
Also I find it Cool that such older 'Silver' in abundance these days. Ocean always churning up more I guess.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice pile of goodies

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fantastic Hunt! Your really cleaned up that area. Congratulations...:notworthy:

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds,

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Impressive finds OBN. :notworthy:

And here I am happy to pull a wheat penny. I need to modify something. :tongue3:

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice finds..
I wish that I lived closer to the Sea.
Also I find it Cool that such older 'Silver' in abundance these days. Ocean always churning up more I guess.
Thanks Dave, It does help to live fairly close to the beach's, I have several with on a hours drive...Be Safe Buddy..

Very nice pile of goodies
Thank You Sir 46! I like places that give up things I have never seen before...

Fantastic Hunt! Your really cleaned up that area. Congratulations...:notworthy:
Thanks Professor, You would think It was getting cleaned up but each storm opens up a different area, and if not here I will jump to another beach..

Nice finds,
Thanks JD!

Impressive finds OBN. :notworthy:

And here I am happy to pull a wheat penny. I need to modify something. :tongue3:
Thanks LD! I feel for you.. And I am sure your as good at detecting as me.

I know all of us work very hard every time we head out in search of, and I know many are gifted with living near a area that has more of a chance of having treasures. When I look at all that post, I fully understand that a wheat could be the find of a lifetime for some...and they worked very hard to find that wheat...So for those that struggle at there locations don't think that I'm any better then them for I would be happy with a wheat also if I had the same location... ...

Last edited:

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know all of us work very hard every time we head out in search of, and I know many are gifted with living near a area that has more of a chance of having treasures. When I look at all that post, I fully understand that a wheat could be the find of a lifetime for some...and they worked very hard to find that wheat...So for those that struggle at there locations don't think that I'm any better then them for I would be happy with a wheat also if I had the same location... ...

very well said obn!:thumbsup:

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two super places to hunt.And two absolutely super results there. You have a rich area to search. I certainly envy you.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OBN, You inspire us all, and...
as God witness.jpg
I will dig treasures from the surf before I die!

Super haul, Sub 8-)

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man nice collection of sweet finds but I agree the parking pass was the icing on the cake

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Great job on the 65th Congrats
Thanks PMn, I'm betting your up around 70 plus now? Great year for you also!!

OBN your killer man....
Thanks ParkPirate...It's been a real good year for all...

very well said obn!:thumbsup:

Thanks cjon. I have lived it before like many and know first hand...

Two super places to hunt.And two absolutely super results there. You have a rich area to search. I certainly envy you.
Thanks thrifty, I'm very blessed to be retired and have many options in hunting the water....

OBN, You inspire us all, and...
View attachment 1183241
I will dig treasures from the surf before I die!

Super haul, Sub 8-)
Thanks Subt, Spoken like a true Pirate!!

Man nice collection of sweet finds but I agree the parking pass was the icing on the cake
Thanks tylerbdad.. And the good part now is I have made several new friends. I just went down to use my parking pass and hunt for a while but ended up having a nice lunch on the beach with my new friends. And I got the full history of the place. Invaluable information...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread