Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Once again, I was able to get Todd Lipe to take me on one of his "guaranteed to find silver" hunts... and once again, I found silver coins! It's like taking candy from a baby... FUN!

We met up early on Sunday morning and headed to a little hicktown, just up the road. The place has not seen much MDing pressure. I know this because I find silver coins every time I go there. We tried the usual places, parks, schools, vacant lots (tear downs) and a couple of old houses.

It was a good hunt for me. I was able to find:

(1.) Three silver dimes 1936, 1946 & 1956. (36 silver coins YTD)
(2.) Half dozen wheat cents.
(3.) Five "mill marbles". The mill uses these to make fiberglass.
(4.) Ring marked sterling with arrow through U makers mark.
(5.) Little pendant badge thingy. Griffin on the front. "WGERMANY" on the back, with a little snap. Any ideas what this is?

Once again, I owe Todd Lipe, a BIG 'thanks' for taking me on a killer hunt. It almost made up for him digging that SLQ, right in front of me on Thursday... Ouch, that stung.

Thanks for looking and best of luck on your hunts.

Attachments

• IMG_20150705_153841_505-1.jpg
    IMG_20150705_153841_505-1.jpg
    444 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_20150705_154323_822-1.jpg
    IMG_20150705_154323_822-1.jpg
    329.1 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_20150705_191649_818-2.jpg
    IMG_20150705_191649_818-2.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_20150705_153900_540-1.jpg
    IMG_20150705_153900_540-1.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Upvote 18

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blade runner if you mow my mommas grass twice and give me twenty bucks we'll leave everybody else at home. Just Kidding of course. I'm just a good luck charm for Tom
Todd while you may be his Good Luck charm in NC I believe that when you travel over the state line into SC that is reversed. Based on the fact that you dug that Beautiful SLQ under his foot Friday.

P@tch

Apr 9, 2013
mooresville,nc
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer 2, etrac, deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tylerbdad you might be on to something there? Huuummm.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm lining up another "guaranteed" Silver hunt real soon. Tickets will be available on a Limited basis, And very Pricey. Congrats Buddy, You spanked me pretty bad yesterday.

Very funny

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Sub. I didn't count the little ring, it only weighs a gram.. that's like $.52 in melt value.

I first thought "zipper pull" when I saw that griffin thingy, but I have never seen a zipper pull with a snap.

Silver is silver Tom, but it's your find, so if you don't want to count it then don't count War Nickels either. Silver weight might be a little low on those too. Really I don't care how you count, Sub says you don't know how to count, I'm going to have to agree. Abe and a couple other high nose individuals don't even count what they call "modern silver" They had a "South Park episode" about people like them smelling there own farts. Nothing worse then uppity high class people than uppity lowlife wantabes.
It's nice we can all bust each others chops and enjoy our own finds

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Blade runner if you mow my mommas grass twice and give me twenty bucks we'll leave everybody else at home. Just Kidding of course. I'm just a good luck charm for Tom

I've probably struck worse deals! :laughing7:

There was no mowing involved in this hunt (Thank God), and you are always welcome to come hunt with me.

Thanks man. I'll definitely take you up on that when it cools off some. :thumbsup:

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver is silver Tom, but it's your find, so if you don't want to count it then don't count War Nickels either. Silver weight might be a little low on those too. Really I don't care how you count, Sub says you don't know how to count, I'm going to have to agree. Abe and a couple other high nose individuals don't even count what they call "modern silver" They had a "South Park episode" about people like them smelling there own farts. Nothing worse then uppity high class people than uppity lowlife wantabes.
It's nice we can all bust each others chops and enjoy our own finds

What the heck is a War Nickel????

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep, All Hick Towns. Just kant say whice oun.

If I don't get invited soon I'll have no problem telling which hick town it is and where ya'll have been hunting. I'll most likely turn down the invitation as it's too damn hot for me, but getting one is always nice.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another super day for you Tom. Congrats and keep the silvers coming.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmmm...my hunting acquaintance guarantees silver too...but for him! Nice job taking advantage of Todd, lol.

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm...my hunting acquaintance guarantees silver too...but for him! Nice job taking advantage of Todd, lol.

Yes your Buddy does OD. But Todd turned the tables on CT Friday.

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome score on the dimes an wheats!!!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey whoa whoa whoa, I make no such guarantees lol I just have that 6th silver sniffing sense lol, you just walked the clad side of the last place we hit

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet Tom, like them marbles too...
Oh yeah CT I forgot to mention the marbles. They are kind of like your buffalos. You told me recently you never found bufs or marbles and Bam all of a sudden you are finding both. And the mill marbles at that. Love it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread