ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
in the mail box --a book-- I'm in it - FINDERS --SECERTS OF SUCCESS *

the book is about highly successful metal detectorist / treasure hunters and --their tips and tricks to finding stuff --it list 31 different hunters from all over the USA --east coast / west coast --north and south it tells some of their best finds and top tips to help others "find more and better finds"

I'm happy and proud that they saw fit to include me . as # 27

FINDERS SECERTS OF SUCCESS by T D BUNCE - ( ON AMAZON )

Last edited:
Upvote 5

ks coyote

Aug 30, 2012
Auburn Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX x 2, XLT, SL 90, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the recognition. Great book.

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
thanks ks coyote -- been detecting 35 years since my dad got me interested in the summer of 1979 right after I graduated high school - started with garrett "groundhog" a tones only machine but still a great one (a early 15 freq machine) --you really had to listen to try and figger out exactly what the machine was saying to you on what it found..as Is aid -- sone of the MOST IMPORTANT TIPS I CAN GIVE FOLKS IS #1 to be properly "ground balanced" ...the ground due to mineral conditions can only accept as much signal as it can ... it varys wildly from place to place ... so having the machine put out the maximum amount of signal the ground can take in is being " properly ground balanced" --without any "excess signal" --which harms rather than helps --this is the true key to getting the maximum depth out of your machine --many folks in a vain attempt to get "more depth" run their machines way too high sen /power wise ..which then causes "feed back" the excess signal is actually harming rather than helping your detecting ..that and # 2 doing good research .

Last edited:

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad they give credit where credit was due.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just received mine. Very cool book. They actually used my tree coin and one of my Draped Busts on the cover. Congrats Ivan

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
yah that's cool .. you in it what number are you?--

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions