My spot finally gave up silver coin #50....AND #51!!!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
***this is NOT my year to date total, this is the number of silver coins dug from one location since 2010***

So my "nearly 50 silver coin spot" is no more. It's now my 50+ silver coin spot!!! If it wasn't for the Deus in Full Tones I'm sure these coins would still be deep in the ground surrounded by huge rusty nails. I'm not exaggerating when I say I have detected this spot for hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of hours since I started detecting in June of 2010. It's always been my go to spot when I'm short on time, but the past couple of years have been very slim pickings. The AT Pro pulled out many great things, but it got to the point where there was nothing but iron left...or so I thought.

Before I left the house tonight I jokingly hollered to my wife "ok, I'm off to dig #50, see you later". She laughed and said "that's nice dear". MAN it felt good to finally hit 50, and have it be an 1899 Barber dime!!! The 1913 Barber and Buff came soon after, and that was it for coins. Couldn't be happier. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436243514.570391.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436243569.420984.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436243597.962287.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436243626.604017.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436243655.922752.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436243682.713289.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 13

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JC that 1913 is in excellent condition. I've been using tones for a couple of weeks now and I'm finding some really small tagets . Its amazing what tones will do isn't it?

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And a really nice one (well two) as well!!!!!! Congrats!!!!:occasion14:

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That looks like a sweet hunt there finding those dimes, been a while since any barbers turned up here!

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JC that 1913 is in excellent condition. I've been using tones for a couple of weeks now and I'm finding some really small tagets . Its amazing what tones will do isn't it?

Yes, the full tones are strange and wonderful haha! I posted some details on how I had things set on the Deus forum.

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, the full tones are strange and wonderful haha! I posted some details on how I had things set on the Deus forum.

Dang there goes the neighborhood.. Lol

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on those Barbers. :occasion14: Isn't nice how a newer better detector or a new coil can re-open pounded sites and make them produce once again..:headbang:

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on those Barbers. :occasion14: Isn't nice how a newer better detector or a new coil can re-open pounded sites and make them produce once again..:headbang:

Yes, it's so nice to have an old spot feel new again!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good job JC!, nice that your go to spot still gave up some goods!

51 is a nice solid number for July!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice couple of silvers once again out of the site, 50 is nice total for this time of the year.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very well done JC! That 1913 is just awesome, what a fresh looking little rascal.

Vino encouraged me to use full tones, said it was the only way to fly. I have been trying, but it sure sounds "busy" to me. I guess I just need to practice more.

Congrats a really nice hunt, and reaching the 50 mark. GL&HH.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good job JC!, nice that your go to spot still gave up some goods!

51 is a nice solid number for July!

Thanks everybody.

51 is not my total for 2015, it's the total number of silver coins from this one particular spot since 2010...

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome to keep pulling silver from a pounded spot

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
J. Cache,

Congratulations on the two silvers and Buffalo nickel, glad your spot is producing again.

On the same note, I love my AT Pro and use it often in parks...etc., but when I hit the same area with my Minelab machines I get more deeper targets. I believe some of the success is due to the sweep speed of the Minelab (low and slow) and more detecting power. I'm not complaining, just making an observation from many hundreds of hours using both machines in the field. The AT Gold is still a killer relic hunting machine!

Regards,

Doc

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice, Congrats

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
J. Cache,

Congratulations on the two silvers and Buffalo nickel, glad your spot is producing again.

On the same note, I love my AT Pro and use it often in parks...etc., but when I hit the same area with my Minelab machines I get more deeper targets. I believe some of the success is due to the sweep speed of the Minelab (low and slow) and more detecting power. I'm not complaining, just making an observation from many hundreds of hours using both machines in the field. The AT Gold is still a killer relic hunting machine!

Regards,

Doc

Hey don't get me wrong, the ATPro is no slouch! It's a great machine, and did very well in iron for me. I think using different machines and different coils on the same site is a great idea to play the odds in finding the good targets. Every machine has weaknesses and strengths. Having said that, I haven't come across any weaknesses in the Deus yet haha.

At this site, my old GTAX550 found a Morgan and two Barber halves, the ATPro found a key date Barber dime and a Barber half, and now the Deus is finding its share of the really hidden silver. How could I have anything but love for all three machines!

Last edited:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I like the pic of the Barber sitting on top of the dirt pile best! :thumbsup:
Congrats on hitting 51 silvers from the same site, that in itself is an amazing achievement! :occasion14:

Now, if I can just convince my wife that I can't live without a DEUS! :laughing7:
Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread