Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After my good hunt - went up to the car and took off my wet suit and put my gear away
grabbed a bite to eat - and asked my gal what she wanted to do and because tide was coming in and had no other plans - we decided to stay and relax
I put some sunscreen on and laid down. I had my sandy wet boots still on and had them sticking out off our blanket ...but it was 80 out and a cool ocean breeze was blowing ...nice
then a large group plopped down right in front of us
6 kids - couple of mothers, one of their girlfriends and a grandma - they pretty much all were kicking sand as they positioning themselves in front of us - not caring at all that they
were #####ing me off - kids walking on my blanket. I whispered back to my girlfriend "I'm just waiting for one of them to step on me" - grandma steps back - kicks me then steps on my ankle
she almost fell on me but surprisingly she save herself but did not even apologize - Im #####ed
then one of the mothers called all the kids over for sunscreen - one of the children was from Africa - and came as a guest - his mom could not make it
other kids were saying to the mom "he doesn't need sunscreen..come on" - but she insisted - he could still get burned
he had his glasses on and she told him to take them off and just let her spray some on his hands and he could just put some on his face
once they were all covered - all the kids ran into the ocean
finally peace once again - 1/2 hour later they come back out of the ocean and the boy with the glasses is looking for his glasses
everyone panics and are looking all around the blanket - they are kicking sand around - at me again and Im getting po'ed again
I say to my gal, "I think the kid lost his glasses" we wait and listen
He thought he dropped them next to the blanket where he put the sunscreen on - I had noticed he had put them in his pocket and finally spoke up
but he said he did not have them and they head to the shallows to see if they could find them
Im shaking my head cause water was churned up and they would not be able to see them and expected someone to step on them
I asked them "would you like me to try and find them?" They said "what makes you think you can find them?"
I told them I have a metal detector up in my vehicle and its water proof and if they are still out there - I could find them
So I went back up and grabbed my machine and mask - did not take scoop cause I did not want to risk breaking them - figured they should be right on top and I should be able to see
or feel them - they insisted I try around the blanket - I told them they would have stepped on them by now - I jumped in the surf and got a few small iron signals - after about 3 minutes later
got a loud zap - put my face in - there was seaweed and shells being tossed around and could not see what I had - reached in and felt them - bingo - had them
everyone was cheering - most other people around didn't know what was going on - kids were cheering - moms couldn't believe it - grandma was blessing me
they texted boys mom and she wanted to kill him for losing them but they sent a pic of me returning them and she text back I was her hero
they offered to buy me a drink or something - told them I don't take anything for finding and returning - the boy came over to me a few times and thanked me again and shook my hand - think
he might have gotten a butt whooping had he gone home without them - told them just how lucky they were to have sat in front of us - had they been down a ways - I would not have paid attention
and they were lucky I had a water machine and lucky we had not left after my initial hunt
lostnfound.jpg

Upvote 15

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Karma will thank you

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You knew that young boy needed his glasses. That's all you cared about regardless of previous rudeness and selfishness. Kind act from a straight up guy. Good on you.

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are a good man! Great job Casper!! :thumbsup:

Honorable mention!

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too many people...>:(>:(>:(>:( You sir have more patience than I do!! Nice job!

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are a gentleman and a scholar, I would have left right after they sat down in front of me and ruined my peace.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are better than I. The whole beach there and they have to invade my space and not even show basic manners or courtesy's. I would have moved minutes after they arrived. Kudos to you. :notworthy:

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're like a zen master, exercising patience until you can spring into action and be the hero to people who were annoying you. Nice job man!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
YOU HAVE A AWESOME HEART!!!

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're like a zen master, exercising patience until you can spring into action and be the hero to people who were annoying you. Nice job man!
Had to make up for the 3 people I flipped off on the way there - so more of a ying and yang thang

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good job!, after all that you went through!

good man!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That was very cool of you, especially in light of the way they had been acting- Much respect and good karma!

-- Jeff --

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did u beat them after you returned the glasses? They still kicked sand , stepping on you and messing with ur blanket!!! I'm kidding I've been in situations very much like those ten minutes before that u would have never thought u were going to help them out. Sometimes people like that are the most thankful...although it reallly does blow my mind!

Capt Nat

Nov 11, 2013
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
GTI 2500
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't believe that they realize how rude they are. Seems that many many people are programed to flock together in close masses and don't look at it as invasive. I've been anchored in a huge bay and have another boat come in and anchor almost alongside me. Makes me crazy...

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CASPER you're a good dude and I commend you for rising above the rudeness that seems to be so common. I actually call it a general lack of awareness. Everybody is so wrapped up in themselves and their cell phones that they literally don't even notice what's happening around them. I see people texting and driving, reading newspapers, and putting on makeup on my commute to work. It's crazy but I won't go on about that. People like you are good for the hobby. Those folks will associate a detector with a positive experience. We need all of those we can get

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread