Day two at the lake house yields more firsts!

UnknownArts

Jun 25, 2015
Burlington, VT
Detector(s) used
Garret Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went deeper into the brush today after scorring the 3 dimes yesterday determined to find more. The dimes were found in the first 15 minutes of hunting and the rest of the day was nothing but clad and trash and I knew I hadn't cleaned the place out that fast. Scored my first buffalo, only an inch down! I thought for sure it was a tab but it was so close to the top I located it with the pinpointer without digging and popped it right up with my trowel. The quarter was much deeper in some dense layered pine needles atleast 8 inches id say. I feel like anything old in a pine forest is going to be well out of reach, anyone have tips for hunting in these conditions? The hammers also came out of the pine forested area, the 3 heads were all in the same area, 6 inches of eacher other... my first ever hammer spill for sure! I've also included a old photo of the old inn that is the foundation for where I've been staying. I've been trying to orient myself with the person who took this picture and things are just so different now!

Attachments

• 1436306320753.jpg
    1436306320753.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 130
  • 1436306333004.jpg
    1436306333004.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 112
  • 1436306344537.jpg
    1436306344537.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 123
Upvote 10

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the vacation finds. :occasion14: I don't know if anyone else is having fun there, but it sounds like your having a blast.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sounds so relaxing and fun. Congrats on your hammer spill, I guess thats would be a first for me to even hear there was such a thing.

OP
OP
UnknownArts

UnknownArts

Jun 25, 2015
Burlington, VT
Detector(s) used
Garret Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sounds so relaxing and fun. Congrats on your hammer spill, I guess thats would be a first for me to even hear there was such a thing.

I laughed at lound when I pulled the 3rd/smallest one out. I felt like someone was playing a joke on me.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds!, I like the old picture of the house too!!

good job

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro,Garrett 5x8, Nel Tornado / Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro Pinpointer‎/ Minelab X-terra 705 / Makro pinpointer / Nel Tornado coil / Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt and research.

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent spot you have. We some areas I would like to detect but the pine trees can leave a foot of old mulch. It can be worth the work but its not to fun. We have in the "past" raked away a large area around the bigger trees thinking this would be a good spot to sit or whatever. We have found a little of the shinny stuff; but I think we spent more time moving dirt and needles than detector time......good luck. Oh, and we did get some cool bottles people had left at the base of trees.:icon_thumright:

prolab69

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that nozzle thing looks really cool, good finds

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DANG ,THAT NOZZLE IS EITHER FOR WATER OR PESTICIDES BUT IS A UNIQUE FIND. MUST OF HAD A FEW MASTER CARPENTERS AN ARTISIANS ON BOARD TO TAKE CARE OF THE PLACE.

OP
OP
UnknownArts

UnknownArts

Jun 25, 2015
Burlington, VT
Detector(s) used
Garret Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DANG ,THAT NOZZLE IS EITHER FOR WATER OR PESTICIDES BUT IS A UNIQUE FIND. MUST OF HAD A FEW MASTER CARPENTERS AN ARTISIANS ON BOARD TO TAKE CARE OF THE PLACE.

we had guessed something gas related. Another person here said that the nozzle thing's knob was signature to gas... Now I don't know who to believe?!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread