Banned
Jan 1, 2015
Orange Park, Fl
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 950/White's Bullseye pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy T-netters! Great day at the fort site today. No, awesome day at the fort site today! I did make videos with my phone while on site, but Bergie and I decided that a couple of the finds were so significant that the videos could give off grid coordinates and compromise our site. After all, Bergie got SPECIAL permission and people may come in by boat and steal our thunder or try to get our hunting put to a cease fire because of the GOLD.

So, the day got started on a bad note as my pin pointer fell out of my pouch. After a 50 yard backtrack I recovered it. Thank you Jesus! Here is the order of my damage today with the coins found, in order of recovery:

attachment.phpa.jpg

Untitleda.jpg

(1) 1786 2 reale, Mexico mint, M I assayer
(2) 1783 1 reale, Mexico mint, F F assayer
(3) 1807 8 escudo, Mexico mint, T H assayer
(4) 1793 2 escudo, Spain mint, M F assayer

Keep in mind, the last time I was there I found a 1783 1/2 escudo and folks told me there was probably more gold there. Now I am a believer. Probably still some more.
The other finds include some rusty thing which looks like a wrench, but did they have wrenches like that 200 years ago. Doubt it! I'd appreciate input on that item. Also some other shard of rusty metal, an old .45 caliber casing, a fishing sinker that has a number 2, and a piece of lead that could be a very fubar musket ball. I don't know what kicked my tail the worse today: the terrain or the adrenaline of the excitement of my best gold finds ever! Man I'm worn out. Wish I could flaunt the videos. Enjoy the pics! HH!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 91

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holyyyyyyyyyyy @#%*!!!!!!!!!! I don't blame you for being super careful with that site! Incredible!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
holy mother!, wow that's a great hunt, truly epic finds and good idea not posting any hints at location, im voting banner all the way!

Metal Magnet

Bronze Member
Oct 26, 2010
OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
holy mother of.....incredible, banner all the way! huge congrats.

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Obviously great finds :thumbsup:. Just curious as you mention two people and there's not much of a story...what did your buddy find? This is your 2nd and 3rd gold coins from this fort site? Why do you say people will try to shut you down? Is it a protected site? Thanks for any additional info.

OP
OP
W

WildWildBill

Banned
Jan 1, 2015
Orange Park, Fl
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 950/White's Bullseye pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Obviously great finds :thumbsup:. Just curious as you mention two people and there's not much of a story...what did your buddy find? This is your 2nd and 3rd gold coins from this fort site? Why do you say people will try to shut you down? Is it a protected site? Thanks for any additional info.

Ya, I forgot. Bergie was in a different area and found a mysterious copper ring. I think he will do some research on that. He was wearing shorts, so to trek through the brush to get where I was just didn't make sense at all. He stayed on higher ground. The site is protected to an extent. A future sub division and has a gate keeper now. In the town of St Mary's nearby there is a museum with artifacts in it from the fort site that archeologists found in 2006.....66 thousand artifacts. Not all of them on display. Only the significant ones and I believe I heard NO GOLD. The Brits didn't get them, neither did archeologists, metal detectorists afterwords, but I did because of a little logic and reasoning. Pays to think outside the box!

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow just wow

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If those are not banner finds then I will eat my hat. Come get me I won't give away your secrets.

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like I said--the finds speak for themselves! Not sure I've seen a gold coin that big on TNet before, much less two on the same hunt, with another two Spanish silvers as good measure. PM me if you can share how you "though outside the box." Heck, maybe you should have been Chapter 1 in the new book :laughing7:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Ya, I forgot. Bergie was in a different area and found a mysterious copper ring. I think he will do some research on that. He was wearing shorts, so to trek through the brush to get where I was just didn't make sense at all. He stayed on higher ground. The site is protected to an extent. A future sub division and has a gate keeper now. In the town of St Mary's nearby there is a museum with artifacts in it from the fort site that archeologists found in 2006.....66 thousand artifacts. Not all of them on display. Only the significant ones and I believe I heard NO GOLD. The Brits didn't get them, neither did archeologists, metal detectorists afterwords, but I did because of a little logic and reasoning. Pays to think outside the box!

Good for you to think outside the box and you reaped the rewards! Congrats on some awesome and Banner worthy finds! I am definitely voting Banner. I hope you can get back out there soon, as I am sure that you make many more amazing finds!

Frank

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Those are crazy good finds. Congrats on an epic day I can't even wrap my head around as I write this....

Steve

Army of 1

Jun 22, 2013
Dundee Northern Australia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro , Tesora Bandito 2 , Minelab GPX 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome hunt WWB , real nice collection of Spanish Gold and Silver , Big congrats ..cheers Mick

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Banner all the way! That's some epic gold! :treasurechest::notworthy:

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, five gold coins since March...I'd say you're on a hot streak. Those are some mighty fine coins!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread