Found in the SandBox...

H

herb

O.K., it's really the woodchip box at an apparently well hunted park..The Ace 250 is in the shop for a checkup, found this stuff with the Tesoro Tiger Shark. That thing can really bark.
Park was in Attleboro MA. two others to try when the mom's go home at night or maybe first thing in the morning ? Murky, nasty day today so headed for Second Beach in Newport to practice ground balancing with the "Shark" in wet sand, talked a lot to me and I kept adjusting and adjusting.. Nary a rock or cut on the beach and was not finding much except beer cans 6-8 inches deep and a few "hot rocks". The nickel was just under the sand around mid-point on the beach, tide was going out.. Like this hobby...no gold or rings yet but, just got started a few months ago and digging everything that talks to me..

Attachments

• ocean-nickel-22.gif
    ocean-nickel-22.gif
    182.5 KB · Views: 526
Upvote 0

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better than nothing. Good work, keep at it.
HH
Ken

Bertman

Apr 13, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Minelab E-Trac
Hang in there Herb... Before long, you'll be posting the neatest stuff... Especially if you are hunting in Massachusetts... :)

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good finds, Herb and welcome to TNet. It gets better once you and the machine become one.

HH

OP
OP
H

herb

Thanks for all the encouragement, really enjoy it and it got me out of the winter doldrums. Amazing how much time a person will spend digging in the ground because a machine beeped in their ears. And the biggest suprise is the thrill of finding a rusty old nail, or a dull nickel.The truth learned is, once that beeper goes off, I'm digging until I find out what made it "Bark". Soda caps, tabs, foil, it's very cool to hold it in your grubby little hand and be amazed you actually found the darn thing. And, being mostly retired now, keeps me busy and out in the world..The wife loves the fact that i'm occupied with a new hobby, and so far have actually recovered about $1.82 in change and counting. Hmmmm, maybe I should have kept that day job !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions