Three More Rings; One Silver, A pile of Clad and Other Junk......

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got a late start today so I decided to hit a school I've hunted a few times in the past without much luck.

There were some guys there flying remote controlled drones and airplanes and I guess the radio signals were interfering with my detector. I had to back off on the sensitivity a good bit but it didn't seem to slow me down.

Anyhow, I started digging tons of clad (and trash) out in the soccer field. I made up my mind I was going to hunt 'til dark in the hopes of finding at least one ring; any ring.

Soon enough, I dug a huge fake gold plated ring with the (I assume fake) stone missing. A little while later I dug a cool, old timey looking adjustable ring in rough shape and just before dark I dug a nice little silver and turquoise ring. It's the first turquoise I've ever dug so I was real happy with it.

4 Ring Hunt One Silver July 12 2015 001.JPG

I also added a kids monkey ring with a genuine imitation "jewel" in the pics. I dug that one a couple of hunts ago but never got around to posting it.

This one would have been pretty cool if it was in better shape:

4 Ring Hunt One Silver July 12 2015 003.JPG
I think it may be copper and the underside is made of some type of shiny material. It looks like it may have actually held a picture at one time but I'm not certain.

And here's the silver ring. It looks like the marks are worn off. I can vaguely make out something but can't really read it:

4 Ring Hunt One Silver July 12 2015 002.JPG

It's definitely silver though.

Then there was the clad, a few other odds and ends and some of the trash. I even found a Korean bottle cap. It's the first foreign cap I've ever dug so I included it.

4 Ring Hunt One Silver July 12 2015 004.JPG

My nickel count was really high today. I picked most of them up around the basketball court. I dig everything that falls in the gold range which means lots of nickels, pull tabs, foil and other trash; and there was plenty. It was actually a bit aggravating at one point so I took a short break.

Overall, I can't complain. I set the intention to find at least one ring and ended up with three, which puts my ring count up to 36, plus some more battery money. I hunted for about 5 hours and thankfully, brought home a small piece of silver to make it all worthwhile. It was a beautiful evening out there.

That's about it.
Once again, thanks for lookin', Happy and productive Hunting to all and to all, a very good night.

Last edited:
Upvote 6

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice work on the ring!, funny how a little sterling makes all the work we do worth it huh?

nice battery fund too!

OP
OP
Garrett424

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
funny how a little sterling makes all the work we do worth it huh?

It certainly does.
My entire attitude changes if I find a little silver, gold or a nice old coin. The hunt goes from "the usual" to a great hunt in that one brief moment.

I even get happy and motivated if I find a junk ring. There's just something about finding a ring that makes me think I'm on the right track. Plus, every junk ring is one more out of the way to get to the next good one.

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Rings and a silver one too! Congrats!

I was looking for rings but didn't happen.

OP
OP
Garrett424

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,