UMC Nitro Club and another silver ring.

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy all. Today was the first day I have been able to get out to detect in about two weeks. 80 hour work weeks, but I get paid overtime, so, whatevs. I was hoping to connect with a person that had given me a permission but no luck today, so I decided to do some recon in an area I had been eyeballing and then finish up at the park where I have been finding some silver.

I did find a couple of Remington UMC Nitro Club headstamps at the recon spot. A ten and a twelve gauge. After some quick research it looks like these date to around 1911-ish. Well, that is great news that I am in an old spot!

Found another tiny silver ring. .925 on the inside. I'll take it.

Found a teardrop earring or necklace, not sure which. I think it is junk. Rang in at a consistent 66 on the AT Pro. No markings anywhere. I believe it is stainless.

Screaming hit turned out to be another Kennedy half. Unfortunately not silver. Still love find half dollars though!

A bunch of pieces of copper sheeting and some miscellaneous clad and junk.

I'm am physically exhausted but dang it felt to get out there and swing after two weeks. I will definitely be going back to the spot where I found those headstamps!

Thanks for looking all. Happy hunting and enjoy the day!

071815a.jpg 071815b.jpg 071815c.jpg 071815d.jpg 071815e.jpg

Upvote 7

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
LIKE THEY SAY ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT..... KINDA THOUGHT THE ONE HEADSTAMP WAS A NITRO EXPRESS EYES PLAYING TRICKS. NICE FINDS THOUGH.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree on the Half's, always a welcome site silver or not..

OP
OP
The Aluminum Monster

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LIKE THEY SAY ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT..... KINDA THOUGHT THE ONE HEADSTAMP WAS A NITRO EXPRESS EYES PLAYING TRICKS. NICE FINDS THOUGH.

Definitely both Nitro Clubs. Kinda neat that they are two different sizes. Thanks!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats a long time with no detecting, I would have been getting out in my own yard for a while or something :BangHead: Congrats on that fun hunt !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions