(1928) Mercury Rising...

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Went to Camp Silver today, the 100 year old, 50 acre kids camp. That's the detecting name, not official name, but today and recently it's been Camp Clad after earlier giving up more silver over the last year. Today I spent several hours digging clad, after clad...I had to be home to get the kids fed so I gave myself about 15 minutes more...got a good signal and dug, dug and the digger got stuck, maybe a root or rock, so I push harder and it gave way and everything flips up in the air...as the dirt flies up I see the clear, tell tale silver column down the middle of the reverse side of a beautiful Merc that seems to be moving in slow motion and hovering in the air in mid-flip, about a foot off the ground. I think I finished yelling "Nice!" before it hit the ground. What a rush. Here it is...moved a little on the photo, but you can tell the nice shape it's in. Thanks to Earthworm, er, Earthworks for sizing the photo.

Attachments

• BergieMerc.jpg
    BergieMerc.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 536
Upvote 0

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bergie, Sweet find. I'm still waiting for my first merc.

HH
Neal

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
That is one of those squirmey mercs,I would advise you to secure it in a tube or coin flip then place it securely inside of a safe. It has allready gotten away from at least one person and has tried to get away from you twice,you really never can be too careful with those types,HH...Shoot

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
sweet! whenever i flip one out of the hole like that i lose it forever! ;D nice find!

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Nice find,I had a barber half do that to me once. HH

LuisTH

May 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX series with 9" coil and 18" coil.
Nice coin, congrats.

DiggerBug

Oct 28, 2006
Bama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She's in flight Bergie. Beautiful find...congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread