Risque Token (Heads I win, Tails You Lose) & Two Old Amusement Tokens.....

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Risque' Token (Heads I win, Tails You Lose) & Two Old Amusement Tokens.....

It's funny how things seem to show up in waves in this hobby.

My "Ring Wave" seems to have subsided for the moment and I've been digging the usual clad, trash and other non noteworthy items the last couple of hunts.

So, I hit an old spot last night and dug this oldish and risque' "Heads I win; Tails You Lose" coin.

Three Old Tokens in Two Days July 27 2015 002.JPG Three Old Tokens in Two Days July 27 2015 003.JPG

I laughed out loud when I dug that one. My older brother had one identical to it when I was about 8 years old around 1969 (yeah I'm dating myself but I'm proud (and thankful) that I've made it this far). He would "let" me see it once in a while.

There are still similar coins available today and even back in the day there were several designs. I believe mine is one of the older and hopefully more rare versions. I also scratched the front a tiny bit when I dug it. Haven't done that in quite a while.

Then tonight I decided to hit a nearby school in the little time I had left before dark.
About 4 feet apart I dug two identical "Flickers" tokens. All I've been able to find out about them so far (on Ebay) is that they're "old" amusement tokens. How old, I do not know.

They're selling on Ebay for about 4-12 bucks.

This pic is the front of one and the back of the other one.

Three Old Tokens in Two Days July 27 2015 001.JPG

They're about the size of a nickel and are either copper, brass or bronze (I guess).

These were near a school ball field and it looks like I dug them from fill dirt brought in from elsewhere. I assumed they were modern and that some kid had just dropped them. Apparently I may be wrong. I'm definitely going back and see if there's anything else interesting hiding there.

That's about it. I have no complaint about my mini token wave but I sure hope the gold and silver starts showing up again soon.

That's about it for now.
Thanks for lookin' and Happy Hunting.

Last edited:
Upvote 8

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been a long time, but I remember seeing at least one of those risqué tokens probably in the very early 70's. I have never heard of the Flickers one though. You say they are amusement tokens...from an arcade or amusement park?

OP
OP
Garrett424

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been a long time, but I remember seeing at least one of those risqué tokens probably in the very early 70's. I have never heard of the Flickers one though. You say they are amusement tokens...from an arcade or amusement park?

I'm not sure on the token. A few were listed as amusement tokens on Ebay but that was the extent of the description.

It's from the Roger Williams mint but that's all I know so far. I have no idea on the exact age and/or use.
If anyone has more information I'd love to hear about it.

Last edited:

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very interesting Tokens, hope some like that show here, think I'm on a "Clad" wave now ha-ha !

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That Heads/Tails token looks to be older than the few I've seen posted here. Let's just say both sides of that coin become more "refined" with time :cat:

I'll go with "heads." :laughing7:

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Heads/Tails token looks to be older than the few I've seen posted here. Let's just say both sides of that coin become more "refined" with time :cat:

I'll go with "heads." :laughing7:

Sorry to disagree but kind of partial to tails :occasion14:

OP
OP
Garrett424

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went back and hit that token spot for a little while tonight but unfortunately, dug nothing but can slaw, pull tabs and $1.07 in clad. The ground was pretty hard to dig in spite of a storm that went through last night.

It's definitely getting dry around here. I'm actually missing all of that rain.
Oh well. Every hunt can't be a great one.

The way I see it, the more "bad" hunts I get out of the way the sooner I'll have another great hunt. Besides, it was a beautiful evening with a nice bright moon shining, I chatted with a gorgeous woman for a good while and got to hunt treasure.
That's a good end to any day in my book.

Last edited:

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
GARRETT MY MAN ,HOT DAMN . JOHN , JOHN IS THERE ANTHING YOU WANT ? I AINT NEVER SEEN ME A FLICK SHOW. NICE OLE PEEP SHOW TOKENS.

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went back and hit that token spot for a little while tonight but unfortunately, dug nothing but can slaw, pull tabs and $1.07 in clad. The ground was pretty hard to dig in spite of a storm that went through last night.

It's definitely getting dry around here. I'm actually missing all of that rain.
Oh well. Every hunt can't be a great one.

The way I see it, the more "bad" hunts I get out of the way the sooner I'll have another great hunt. Besides, it was a beautiful evening with a nice bright moon shining, I chatted with a gorgeous woman for a good while and got to hunt treasure.
That's a good end to any day in my book.

Did you get her number?? Show her the token?? :laughing7:

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And now by mentioning that, you've broken the terms of your parole. I'll trade you a rock hammer for your Deus when you go back.

Oh I'm gonna find me an over weight blonde headed woman that works in prison to smuggle me tools in meat and promise to pick me up outside the manhole cover

OP
OP
Garrett424

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you get her number?? Show her the token?? :laughing7:

Nope. It never came up.
Didn't bother getting her number 'cause she's married and I'm working on someone else at the moment.

I gave up chasing married women a long time ago.
I learned a valuable lesson in those days though. If they'll do it with you they'll do it to you; sooner or later.

Last edited:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The way I see it, the more "bad" hunts I get out of the way the sooner I'll have another great hunt.

Oh man, I sure hope you're right! If so, I am about to have the banner find of the year!

OP
OP
Garrett424

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh man, I sure hope you're right! If so, I am about to have the banner find of the year!

I hope we're both right.

But seriously, it stands to reason. This is a numbers game.
The more you hunt the more you'll find. The more "trash" signals you dig the more gold you'll find.
We just have to keep plugging along and take the good with the bad. The trash and clad will pretty much always outweigh the treasure and that's what makes the treasure special.

I personally don't care about the banner. I mean, it's great to find something so good it goes up there but I'll leave the competition for others. I'm just not into it. I honor those who make it but it doesn't motivate me personally.

I do this because I enjoy it immensely.
Apparently you do too because you've been doing it for a long time. You just keep coming back right??

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Actually, I haven't been detecting long...not quite a full 3 years, but it sure seems I have been digging trash for a long time lol. I agree with you on the banner though. If you're seeking it, you probably aren't in the hobby for the best reasons. I have always loved history and the outdoors, preferably away from others, but we can't always have both as we want it.

OP
OP
Garrett424

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Actually, I haven't been detecting long...not quite a full 3 years, but it sure seems I have been digging trash for a long time lol. I agree with you on the banner though. If you're seeking it, you probably aren't in the hobby for the best reasons. I have always loved history and the outdoors, preferably away from others, but we can't always have both as we want it.

Sorry.
I assumed you've been at it for a long time.
This is only my 2nd season so you still have at least a year on me. I hope to keep at it for as long as I'm able and I hope I'll be able for many years to come.
So far, so good.

Dunno' why I thought you've been doing this for years. Musta' got you mixed up with someone else.

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry.
I assumed you've been at it for a long time.
This is only my 2nd season so you still have at least a year on me. I hope to keep at it for as long as I'm able and I hope I'll be able for many years to come.
So far, so good.

Dunno' why I thought you've been doing this for years. Musta' got you mixed up with someone else.
No Garrett he's just OLD DUDE.....an old old newbie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions