May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
You are a person of high moral standards and should be commended. There are a lot of people even on this forum that would have pocketed that watch (no pun intended) and never said a word about it to the owners. I am sure they were thrilled to get it and I truly hope that they will send it off to be properly restored. Please post pictures of it again if they do have it restored. This is a banner find but more than that it is a banner return!

OP
OP
DownNDirty

DownNDirty

Bronze Member
Jun 1, 2015
South Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. The estate owners are supposed to be sending a picture of them holding the watch-I'll post it when I receive it.

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I agree with each and every ones comments to this post. From your photo there it appears that you had a lot of territory to cover. You did right in returning that family watch.

OP
OP
DownNDirty

DownNDirty

Bronze Member
Jun 1, 2015
South Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all of the positive comments. The estate owners gave me the opportunity of a lifetime and I was glad to be able to give something meaningful to them in return.

OP
OP
DownNDirty

DownNDirty

Bronze Member
Jun 1, 2015
South Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot to mention that one of the owners metal detected with me for a couple of hours and I gave him some pointers. They recently bought two detectors and were not having any luck finding decent targets. Also I told them about a very productive spot I found the last day, so they should have no problem finding the good stuff now.

fanninm59

Greenie
Jan 31, 2016
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Detector(s) used
1. Harbor Freight 9 function. 2. Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well done, sir. Returning a valuable heirloom to the family, receiving their sincere appreciation, and living your principles will serve you better than any dollar value the article has. A very inspiring story to a newbie like myself. This is a new activity for me and I'm glad to see others standing up for what's right.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread