Gold, Diamonds, and Rubies, Daytona Beach gives up some BOOTY!!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The wife had to work today, so I decided to go to Daytona Beach to hunt the 4:40 pm low tide, and to stop on the way and hit some tot parks, I could tell someone had beat me to 2 of the 3 tot parks I hit, there were little holes in the wood mulch.

I found $3.95 in clad and a small Skull and Crossbones charm at one park, I thought the skull and crossbones was very appropriate and hoped it meant good luck.

At Daytona it was 80 degrees and there was a hard wind out of the NE 20-25mph, surf was really rough. I tried to work the water waist deep, but since it was so rough, I really didn’t want to crawl on my hands and knees under water, so I got out of it and worked the beach in front of a very nice hotel from the water line to the seawall.

I got a nice signal, soft but still the nice sound the Excal makes when it hits something good. I had to take 2 scoops to get it the target, about 8-10 inches deep. I swung the coil one more time and could tell it was no longer there so I dumped the last scoop out on the beach and started spreading it out to see what it was, when the ring popped out of the sand. Man the stones in the ring looked nice, I thought nice ring that is till I got the sand off the ring. The ring looked like it was clad because of black spots all over it.

I cleaned on the ring at home for a couple hours and there is 18 K stamped on the inside. There are 9 rubies, and 16 diamonds in it’

DSC02031.jpg

DSC02029.jpg

Good hunting to all!

Upvote 0

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
That's a great ring congrats

DR

Feb 22, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
DFX, Excal 1000
WTG!!!
Say a little gold prayer for me.
I'll call you with my report when I get in this evening.
Can't wait to see that ring on person!
Now if I can just find me a lucky skull and cross bones!
DR

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GRUEL JOKE!!!!!
It turns out the ring is 18k PLATED. I begin to suspect something was wrong because it was so hard to clean the gold. I took it to a jewelry store today and they informed me it is 18 k gold plated, they said a nice ring, but not real gold. :'( :'( :'( :'(

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Still a beautiful find, congrats on the nice ring.
I love that skull & bones... I would use it as an avatar. Cool!

Smiles!
BDoo

Stirling N5PIP

Aug 7, 2005
Daytona Beach, Fl.
I saw Treasure_Hunter find the ring! I was sure that he had found the secret to anti-gravity because, I swear, his feet NEVER touched the ground as he levitated over to show me the ring!!! What a beaut it is. He brought me luck because I found two 14k wedding bands within minutes of TH finding his ring!!!
Hey, TH, anytime you need a hunting partner, give me a call;D

HH,
Stirling, N5PIP
Daytona Beach

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Stirling, I sent you a PM with my contact numbers. It was fun finding it, even if it's not gold. It sure looks real...

I am mainly disappointed that it's not something nice to give the wife.

Congrats on your finds! ;)

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next time will be real deal.

Attachments

• 2mq6rv6.gif
    2mq6rv6.gif
    33.6 KB · Views: 454
  • 2mq6rv6.gif
    2mq6rv6.gif
    33.6 KB · Views: 460

ivan salis

Gold Member