More finds at my favorite farm dump plus a mysterious sealed tin with contents

Kevlardini

May 18, 2015
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-4
Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Garret Treasure Ace 300
I started of using a bounty hunter junior! :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went off to my favorite farm dump today again. 90 degrees, millions of mosquitoes and horseflies. (What was I thinking!)
Had an okay haul. A few bottles including a small Lysol bottle. A really old horseshoe, (which, mysteriously enough, was hanging on a tree, and could only have been put there by man...........or Bigfoot) Then some random metal pieces including an old spigot, and some hardware. Does anyone know what those little metal pieces could have gone to? And finally a small little tin. About the diameter of a nickel, and it's sealed by rust. Right now it's swimming in the electrolysis bucket. ( Oh gosh, I hope there are coins in it!!!!):laughing7:

IMG_0195.JPG IMG_0196.JPG IMG_0197.JPG IMG_0198.JPG IMG_0199.JPG

Turns out I can't post pictures anymore with my Ipod (piece of junk) and that had the picture of the little tin on it. Right now I cant take a pic of it because it's being "electrolo-sized", but I'll show you all once it's done. Did I mention I really hate my Ipod? It really gets on my nerve when it wont work.:BangHead:

Anyways watch this post if you are interested to find out what is in the tin.:hello:

Upvote 9

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How many coins could possibly be in a tin the size of a nickel? Can you tell if it has more weight than an empty tin? Does it rattle when shaken?
Surround with the horseshoe...... Gl

OP
OP
Kevlardini

Kevlardini

May 18, 2015
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-4
Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Garret Treasure Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok guys, here are some pictures. The tin was the diameter of a nickel, but much taller. And yes, I can hear something rattling around inside!
To bad it wasn't bigger. I doubt you could squeeze any type of phone into this little tin.
IMG_0201.JPG IMG_0202.JPG IMG_0203.JPG

I'll be back shortly to reveal the contents.

OP
OP
Kevlardini

Kevlardini

May 18, 2015
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-4
Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Garret Treasure Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ummm... slight problem.
I just can't seem to get it open.
Anyone have any better suggestions than "use wire cutters" or "just throw it away"?:laughing7:

OP
OP
Kevlardini

Kevlardini

May 18, 2015
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-4
Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Garret Treasure Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think tomorrow, I will let it sit in the electrolysis bucket for the whole day.
That should do the trick.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
GET YOU SOME NUT BUSTER SPRAY SEE IF THAT WILL HELP , MAN BE NICE IF DIAMONDS WERE INSIDE I MEAN BIG BIG DIAMONDS BUT YOU HAVE SOME NICE FINDS THERE.

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A really old horseshoe, (which, mysteriously enough, was hanging on a tree, and could only have been put there by man...........or Bigfoot)

On this one I'm gonna have to go with Bigfoot or Basque-Man's wife :dontknow: :laughing7:

Of course the contents of the tin are still a mystery...thanks for making me lose sleep tonight wondering ??? Tylerbdad has tabled an offer to eat its contents though for $100! :laughing7: :occasion14: And that includes it being a Junior Rolex watch :headbang:

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In your one picture of the two items, the one piece is a gag loop to a horse harness.

I found one late last year and had it IDed and ever since I have identified probably 4 more of those in this forum and others. Google image search "horse gag loop"

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I could be wrong but the round disk above the horse gag ring appears to be a spring retainer cap similar to those to lock the spring in place inside a pump or automatic shotgun magazine tube.

Frank

Last edited:

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your chrome colored ring is part of a twist-lock assembly for tarps or canvas. I find many of them at old farm sites! Sub 8-)
twistlock.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread