Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-6a
Makro Racer
Minelab E-Trac
Fisher F-75
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend called me late today and asked if I could come to a lot where a teardown had occurred. It was known that a previous owner had buried money on the site, and dirt was already being hauled in for a new construction project at the site. A dozer had already begun working the site, so most of the coins were found near the surface, or on the surface. He told me that earlier today he had already found ~50-60 Eisenhower dollar coins along with some Kennedy half-dollars at the site. I got there and began detecting with him, and when we did our first count there were 213 total coins (30-40 coins had already been removed before the first picture). Most of these were Eisenhower dollars, along with ~30 Kennedy halves (some 1964 dates, but most late sixties dates.) The first picture represents our first coin count. Some of the coins are still in wrappers. DSC_6307_23315.JPG

As it was nearing dark, we decided to detect a little longer. I found 10 more Eisenhower dollars, but my friend discovered a buried cache of at least 75 more Eisenhower dollars along with several more Kennedy half-dollars just as darkness was falling. Again, some of these were still in partial wrappers as you can see in the second picture. We didn't have time to count all of this last cache, but I estimate that we found ~300+ coins altogether, most of which were Eisenhower dollars. We're pretty sure that a number of additional coins were buried by the several loads of dirt delivered today. It was quite hot outside today, but we had a great time finding the coins, and will probably never find such a haul again. Hope you enjoy! DSC_6311_23319.JPG

Upvote 40

Inches from Insanity

Jul 19, 2013
Russell, KS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum, Whites DFX, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Find of a lifetime!!! Are you ever gonna come down off of cloud nine?

OP
OP
B

Brierfield

Aug 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-6a
Makro Racer
Minelab E-Trac
Fisher F-75
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks IFI!

It's still sinking in. Just a really fun day in the hobby we all love!

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man what a awesome haul. I don't know if I could have left that site

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have lotsa flashlights! 😁 Awesome day for you guys.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Holy crap...

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow what a cool score!!!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
It's still early somewhere in the world, so get back out there and metal detect and dig like a maniac. Congrats to you and your friend on one heck of a haul! I wonder if you all could bribe the bulldozer operator with 20 Eisenhower Dollars to take some dirt back off the spots covered over for say 10 minutes or so, before recovering them with dirt! That might give you all enough time to quickly go over the spots and flip some more coins out.

Frank

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love it.
This is what I call the "metal detectorist coins everywhere dream".

Ever have one ?
Your detecting... and cant dig em fast enough... then you wake up.

This time you were awake :)
Nice job.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well isn't that just awesome!, heck if its gonna be clad, might as well be 1 dollar clad coins, and a lot of em!, that's the type of stuff we all dream of.

dare I say banner?

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's crazy!!!! I wonder how much got buried deeper by the new fill before you got there...

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's one awesome score on the coinage, that's what dreams are made of right there, So congrats to you and a big for your buddy for giving you a call to come and enjoy the cache as not many would.

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago they were building a golf course on Hilton Head and this guy I know would go hunt with a lantern as a light at night after the bulldozers had stopped for the day. Joel had polio as a kid and walked with a limp and one nite he found a huge cannon ball and said he had to roll it almost ¼ mile to the car over sand. With the help of that lantern he found tons of CW relics after the end of everyday for the bulldozers

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an incredible once in a lifetime find . Enjoy it and quit smiling so much your face will start to hurt

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anything 1970 back as far as halves go is good. Regardless u could buy silver with all those Ike's awesome cache man just awesome!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread