Darby

Mar 31, 2013
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
After work day at the hunt club, jdsly and I decided to brave the heat and go detect for awhile. After passing on our first site because it's wide open with no shade, we headed back to one of our sites we've pounded back in the woods. Hot and buggy but worth the effort. Got a decent signal that turned into a really good 81 after moving some dirt. Dug a little more in some really hard concrete like clay and out pops this beauty. Thought it was a little silver coin but after cleaning it up a bit turned out to be a 1740 reale that looks to have been turned into a button or something! Super excited to find my second reale but even like it more seeing how it was used for something other than just a coin. Thanks for looking and hope everyone has a great weekend! I know I have! 20150801_183557-1.jpg 20150801_183813-1.jpg

Upvote 21

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Outstanding find Darby, and its nice that the date and mint mark are still showing up nicely on the front face. I also dug a similar item almost 20 years ago, and it was my very first Spanish silver. And it came from an early site so I know it's period. But I'm not sure if mine is a button or cufflink due to its confusing look. Again, congrats on your awesome recovery.

coin button.jpg

OP
OP
Darby

Darby

Mar 31, 2013
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WOW Darby... just WOW! That is a killer find. Congrats on the sweet find, and made into a cuff link no less. Very well done.

Thanks Tom! Super excited myself. That was the only find for the day but I'll take quality over quantity any day! Thanks again.

OP
OP
Darby

Darby

Mar 31, 2013
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Outstanding find Darby, and its nice that the date and mint mark are still showing up nicely on the front face. I also dug a similar item almost 20 years ago, and it was my very first Spanish silver. And it came from an early site so I know it's period. But I'm not sure if mine is a button or cufflink due to its confusing look. Again, congrats on your awesome recovery.

View attachment 1195203

Thanks Bill. Wow what an awesome pic of spanish silver!!! That's only my second whole spanish silver and only found one cut piece. Coins seem to be hard to find down here! Thanks also Romeo for your reply.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread