Neat relic from a French Quarter sidewalk tearout...

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't find much today, but I did get a pretty cool iron plaque from an old fence or balcony. It's about 8 inches long and unfortunately it's been broken into three pieces and I only found two, but once it's cleaned and mounted on a plaque it should make a nice display piece. C.A. Mangin Ironworks was a small family run blacksmith shop that was in operation on Bourbon St. from around 1885 til 1920, and it's estimated they made up to a third of all the decorative ironwork in the entire city during that time...

100_2835.JPG

Upvote 15

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NICE FIND AND I THOUGHT IT MAY HAVE BEEN A PEICE TO AN REALLY OLD STOE.

Qball

Jan 18, 2013
northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
nox 800 xp deus, CTX, etrac,T2, gonkulator
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was in NOLA about a month ago and had to drool at some of the demo sites I saw. Saw a little archy dig between two buildings on Royal.Lots of work going on the street car line into the Garden district. Rich diggins. Capital find

OP
OP
NOLA_Ken

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in NOLA about a month ago and had to drool at some of the demo sites I saw. Saw a little archy dig between two buildings on Royal.Lots of work going on the street car line into the Garden district. Rich diggins. Capital find

A friend of mine was working on those digs, I helped date some of the things she found... I thought it was pretty fun knowing more about dating bottles and buttons than the archeologists did... Thanks in no small part to this site over the years

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread