35 diamond 14k heart pendant and more

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hello to all. First of all, I worked on my trusty old Garrett this week and it is fixed. I changed out the batteries (the ones in it only had less then 15 hours on them...?), tightened the phone jack fitting, and straightened out all the transitors inside that seemed to be bent out of place. So it is not broke which was a big relief.

I worked really hard yesterday at home, cleaned the entire inside of the house (my kids are slobs...lol) and did a bunch of work outside too, trimmed the bushes, planted flowers, and mowed to lawn so today I rewarded myself with a treasure hunting trip out. I actually had to go into work for a couple hours today, so I hit some elementary schools near my work this morning and then went into work after.

It was tough going, the finds were few and far between but I persevered and worked it hard and in the end, it paid off big time. I went to three different schools and hunted about 4 hours total today. At the second school, I got my first keeper of the day, a very small broken 10k gold chain with a tiny gold cross. I'll take it, a keeper. Finally, at the third school, some finds started to surface. First, right on top under one of the benches by the play area was a sweet 12k plated heart bracelet. It must have been lost yesterday. My daughter already claimed it as her own, she loves it. It has an expandable stainless steel band like a watch band. Then a nice little 925 charm of a high heal shoe with red stones in it, nice. Finally, under a walkway bridge thingie leading from a play structure to the slide was my best find of the day. A gold heart pendant. It's hallmarked 14k and 585 and has a maker mark. I was thrilled and then when I got home and cleaned the caked mud off of it, I got a huge surprise. All the way around it, it has bagette diamonds inlaid inside the two heart shapes.... woooowhoooo! There are 35 diamonds in it all together (I counted them using my loop after I had originally posted). There is no ring to put through a chain so I guess it is meant to have the chain go through the center of the heart.

Today was filled with hearts and keys. I found six different heart pieces of jewelry and also six keys, five were very small ones and I forgot to include them in the photos. Like I said, four hours total hunt time, $6.45 total with 102 coins total, lots of hard work to get those. Tons of junk today, pounds of it...lol. I also found a lot of trinket jewelry, an English one penny, and a large rusted Swiss Army knife.

Here's some shots of today's finds with one photo of to dirty finds straight out of the pouch. I tried to get a shot of the hallmark on the heart but it didn't turn out. Thanks to you all for reading and happy hunting!!

Smiles!
BDoo

Attachments

• As found.jpg
    As found.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 1,408
  • May 20 T.jpg
    May 20 T.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 1,412
  • May 20 F.jpg
    May 20 F.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,399
  • Keepers.jpg
    Keepers.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 1,393
  • Diamonds.jpg
    Diamonds.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 1,393
Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 30 diamond 14k heart pendant and more

Great job!

HH
-GC

bootstrap vinn

Apr 25, 2006
Central Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1210x Fisher 1236x2 Fisher 1225x

Very nice boobydoo,Four hrs. of hunting?looks like you were very busy, excellent count and some great jewelry,congrats! Bootstrap

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds, BDoo. That looks like a rewarding 4 hours.

HH

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina

Great finds > The heart bracelet looks vintage, the diamond pendant is a treasure for sure !! But heck all your digs look like a treasure !! Great post ;D

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You worked hard for it and got rewarded greately...Way to go!!!

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Glad you ended up with some sweet stuff BDoo. The bracelet is real cool. Keep it up, HH!

jimmatt_43

Feb 2, 2007

Great stuff,if I could find that kind of stuff I would cut back on the overtime.
HH,Jim

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow super nice finds hard work pays off. I love the heart bracelet and the heart pendant!! so so nice.

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job.

Attachments

• 49ksrgg.1gif.gif
    49ksrgg.1gif.gif
    73.6 KB · Views: 1,118
  • 49ksrgg.1gif.gif
    49ksrgg.1gif.gif
    73.6 KB · Views: 1,120
OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

goldencoin said:
Great job!

HH
-GC

Thanks GC!! What...3 weeks of school left for you? Good luck on your finals!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

bootstrap vinn said:
Very nice boobydoo,Four hrs. of hunting?looks like you were very busy, excellent count and some great jewelry,congrats! Bootstrap

Hi Vinn... thanks for stopping in. I cover a lot of ground quickly with the old Garrett in the woodchips and today was a medium day as far as targets go. I found a lot of nickels and did see some traces of another detectorist so I assume these were hit last summer or fall and he was descriminating... thanks for the gold!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

nealb said:
Nice finds, BDoo. That looks like a rewarding 4 hours.

HH

Hi Neal

Every day out there is rewarding no matter what is found as my busy schedule doesn't allow me to hunt very often. Thanks for the read and comment!

Smiles!
BDoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread