6 Hour early AM hunt, Gold Ring #10, 14k with ice,

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Low tide was at 0340 this AM and I wanted to get a good start out there. I figured I'd maybe hunt through the low for another hour or so and call it quits but there were enough targets to keep me busy for 6 hours instead. So much for my Dr's advice, 3 weeks post knee surgery, I can "resume normal activity" but "take it easy, you know, ease into it"...lol yeah right!

Just coming off the full moon and it being the weekend the loons were out in full force this AM. While I was unloading the car a couple groups of morons decided to start slugging it out and chasing each other up and down the street. That broke up pretty quick and the The bike patrol did come through while I was still getting my gear together. I told em what I saw but there wasn't much they could do then at that point. The rest of the antics were just the usual summertime drunken beach buffoonery!

I did screw up when I parked and didn't see the permitted times for that street so of course when I was about 10 blocks down the beach and tried to add time with the parking app on my phone THAT was when I found out. Terrific....the time was already expired and I had to boogie back up the beach those 10 blocks and got there to see another bike patrol officer behind my truck and on the phone. I get there and start giving him my excuses/apologies but he just shrugged and said I was in luck, no ticket but the tow truck was coming and because I got there before the truck I won! The truck did come as I was putting my gear in the back. Close one!

After moving a few blocks away I headed back out but figured I had used up all my luck for the evening just then but I was wrong on that count! Targets were scattered but there were enough to keep me busy. Total haul was $4.85 in clad some glasses, vaporizer pen, and a little trash. Three rings and three junk earrings was what came in on the jewelry side of the house. 1 x mood ring, 1x Titanium/Tungsten type marked "Rising Time" and the best was a nice 14k white gold band with 10 little diamonds in it weighing it at 4.7 grams. Gold ring #10 for the year.........another 70+ and I can catch OBN! lol Good luck out there!

DSC_2058.JPG DSC_2064.JPG DSC_2066.JPG DSC_2067.JPG DSC_2059.JPG DSC_2068.JPG DSC_2084.JPG DSC_2085.JPG DSC_2088.JPG DocBeav 2015 Gold Ring #10.JPG

Upvote 12

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's close to the Snake Island treasure haul, NICE DIGGIN'

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello DocBeav,

Congratulations on the very productive ($$$) hunt!

Regards,

Doc

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice spin Doc! Hope things are picking up for you guys!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread