All that glitters is not gold...but it sure is pretty!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to the large trashy field I like to hunt, there was an event held there last week, so I went to see what I could find.
The usual clad started showing up, some new drops were right on the surface :icon_thumright:.
A search at the swings produces a dolphin charm (not silver) but cool, and a Calvin Klein thingy, which read "dime", but I doubt it's silver either :icon_scratch:

Shared the shady bench and a little conversation with a lady who was there doing exercises. Wanting to stay in the shade I circled the large tree and got an 81, dime signal! I was hoping for silver...the rim looked a little too thick for a dime :icon_scratch: As I pull it out of the hole some of the dirt falls off and there's a large hole in the middle! :dontknow: More dirt falls off and there's 3 large bumps on the bottom, as I turn it around it the bumpy things are huge and glittering brightly! There was 15 seconds of stunned silence were the birds didn't even chirp!

Me being me, I shoved it in my goody pouch thinking, " Nope! Not falling for it, the detector said dime, maybe silver but it's not gold", and I kept detecting.
It is a lovely looker!!! The 3 large very sparkly stones are not diamonds, the ring is marked 925 RP, I will silver test it any how.
I had more trash not shown.
Here's the beauty! image.jpg . image.jpg

Upvote 21

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Over 6 bucks and a nice ring? What's not to like about that?

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Ms Beepbeep, I pulled a silver ring out of the water yesterday that looks just like yours. A HUGE adrenaline rush before it hits you that it is just too big to be real. But you are just wishing and hoping anyway as youlook inside to see that 925. Just proves that our hearts are strong enough for metal detecting.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MSBB, Those large-stones silver rings will get us every time! Yours may be an engagement ring, for someone on a budget. It doesn't detract from the fact that it is beautiful and ALWAYS fun to dig. Congrats on a great hunt. Sub 8-)

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you stayed very busy today. :thumbsup: I like sites with targets - o - plenty. Seems like you have many in your area. The ring looks cool. Glad to see someone got out today... :hello: I had to install a new front door today and other honey do's. Still letting yesterday's find sink in.

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you had a busy day. Cool looking ring.

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice ring, you had a busy day with a lot of targets. Congrats.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An absolutely excellent day out! Way to go!

About that ring? I have one like it too. Sometimes, we get all caught up in the pursuit of the "real" stuff that we tend to forget something. Those "fake" diamonds are not just something that comes out at a couple pennies apiece. They are worth a fair amount of dollars as well. So, you did better than about 6 bucks & a pretty ring.

But, that's for those who measure in dollars. The thrill of discovery will last you a lifetime!

Good job!

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would still be pleased as punch with that ring,it's a real beauty.

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you had a good day with targets every where, nice pile of clad to show for.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and from where I'm sitting, that ring sure looks like a Great one!!

Congrats on another Sweet hunt!!

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
925 RP is good stuff. Solid Sterling with Rhodium Plate. I like Rhodium, as it's a whiter, shinier metal than Sterling, but you get the added value of the hard outer gorgeous protection (doesn't tarnish like Silver), with a solid silver core. Plating is super thin, but very durable. If you DO intend to just test for silver, do it in a spot the RP won't be missed!

I've seen real diamonds put into 925 RP... Take it to a big box store (like Walmart or Fred Meyer) and have them test at the jewelry counter. :)
Skippy

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the many finds!

Interesting, yesterday I found a large 2" dolphin (charm?) at a school yard - rang up a repeatable 76 (Copper region) on the AT Pro. It seems both dolphins were found far from the sea. :occasion14:

Regards,

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thrifty- Thanks! Yep, it was ALL good!

OD- the ring is stunning especially in the sunlight, it would literally blind someone, no complaints! Thanks!

Susan- Those first 15 seconds were truly awesome! Yep, no ER visit! Lol!
I actually had to wait till I got home to see the 925, needed my glasses. The ring has beautiful detail around the
stones. Thanks!

Sub- The thrill of the hunt is why I do this anyhow, and I GOT ONE !

Loco- Thanks! This site is loaded with targets the trick is picking out the good ones.
I claim Sunday morning as my "sanity saver",
I'm the go to person the rest of the 6 1/2 days of the week.

Rj55- Thank you! My knees and back know it, Tylenol is my friend today!

Gaela4- Thanks! It was a fun day!

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHADIFIND- Thank you! The 15 second thrill was plenty!
The center stone looks like 1karat, and the two side stones look like 1/2 karats
each. I was wondering how this slipped off a finger unnoticed, it's like losing
a millstone! :laughing7:
I need to type faster, I've had to log back on twice now! :tongue3:
I took your advice and meandered where I was lead! :icon_thumright:
OD is probably resting up before he makes his Banner find.

CoilyGirl- Thanks! it is truly stunning, and no ER visit! :hello2:

Deershed- It has some real sparkle to it, and pretty detail, I'm happy! I put it in my pocket and
Kept hunting, I still had detecting time left, I hunt as long as I can, and the body
will let me. :headbang:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thrifty- Thanks! Yep, it was ALL good!

OD- the ring is stunning especially in the sunlight, it would literally blind someone, no complaints! Thanks!

Susan- Those first 15 seconds were truly awesome! Yep, no ER visit! Lol!
I actually had to wait till I got home to see the 925, needed my glasses. The ring has beautiful detail around the
stones. Thanks!

Sub- The thrill of the hunt is why I do this anyhow, and I GOT ONE !

Loco- Thanks! This site is loaded with targets the trick is picking out the good ones.
I claim Sunday morning as my "sanity saver",
I'm the go to person the rest of the 6 1/2 days of the week.

Rj55- Thank you! My knees and back know it, Tylenol is my friend today!

Gaela4- Thanks! It was a fun day!

Yep, me and ole Subby boy agree on a lot! ;) LOL

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
MSBEEP THATS A WHOLE LOT OF LOST SHEEP . AND NOW FOR THE BLING THATS A HECK OF A RING.

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skippy- thank you for that information! I was wondering what the RP stood for. I have a tester, and tested the stones they are not diamonds, but sure do sparkle. I know what you're saying I've found a silver ring with actual diamonds in it, always pays to check and be sure. :icon_thumright:

Park Pirate- Thank you! If anybody needs to flash a message to the space station, I can help! Lol! :diamond-ring:

Professor- Thank you! It seems things come in threes so another one may be popping up shortly. It did rain Friday maybe we have a Donphin-nado? :laughing7: The dolphin came up cent/dime with the same # 76 as yours. Usually if it's a 77 it maybe a clad dime.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread