Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Been waiting 2 yr.'s.......

Finally got the call to say "It's Ready".....This is my find for today,been a long time coming!!I took this close to 2 year's in New Brunswick Canada with my bow,got it all on video by myself,Some people might find it "not right" but I find it in the Den!!!!Beautiful job,going back this year hoping for a color phase......Maybe a cinnamon....Gotta have more than one hobby!!.......Enjoy!!!!!

Attachments

• P5200005.JPG
    P5200005.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 1,574
Upvote 0

dkw

Jul 8, 2006
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Deleon, Ace 250
Re: Been waiting 2 yr.'s.......

Looks great to me!! I'd love to have something like that to display but the wife says no full body mounts allowed until the kids get older.

michiganman24

May 16, 2007
michigan usa
Detector(s) used
i use my eyes

its only wrong if ya dont eat it...thats my thoughts on hunting..it was and still is a beautifull animal.....nice kill

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE

VERY nice mount, it's like having a pet.........that won't eat you. Using the bow just adds to the skill required and the congratulations deserved. very nice roly-poly, what did he weigh at ??

F.Y.I. - All the uneducated anti-hunters need to keep their hatred of hunting under their hats anyway, my dad worked for the DNR here in WI up until this last Feb, when he retired, and as of this last season there were no reported cases of chronic wasting disease. Most of the people that actually have the facts are saying that it was probably a condition brought on by lack of natural food and overcrowding due to proportionately low herd-cull numbers(low hunter kills) in the past few years. CWD made it necessary to wipe out several tens of thousand deer, so HUNT ON !!

Yarrum

Mar 13, 2007
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Jackeroo, BH Landstar

LOL
I had to read your post twice, I thought the bloody thing was real. Didn't really take much notice of the stand that it was on.
Can't believe you got it with a bow. I woulda crapped my duds. A rifle sure but a bow, mate you're nuts.

PJ in WI

Mar 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
EXPLORER SE and an ACE 250

Nice mount. How big was he. How close close was it. I shot one 3 years ago this june and I'm still waiting for the taxidermist to finish the wall mount.

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I can't believe that bear is in your flower garden, and posed for the picture.

That was not a cheap mounting, that's for sure!

theloadroom

Oct 17, 2006
SW Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Sunray X-1 probe

Fantastic mount! I had a mount like that several years ago cost over $2800 same pose. Sold it two years ago for the same money, they take up alot of room but are sure beautiful! Congrats!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

Very nice job on the mount! It turned out beautiful! I sure wish I could see the video! What an awesome way to save the memories to share with future generations! Thanks for sharing with us!

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Foose said:
dkw said:
. . . the wife says no full body mounts allowed . . .

My wife tells me the same thing . . . ;D

Very nice mount!!
I got to get the name of your taxidermist....When I kick the bucket...I "wanna" be mounted just like that..lol Great mount.

Ocaliman

Apr 21, 2006
Ocala, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Yarrum said:
LOL
I had to read your post twice, I thought the bloody thing was real. Didn't really take much notice of the stand that it was on.
Can't believe you got it with a bow. I woulda crapped my duds. A rifle sure but a bow, mate you're nuts.

I had to take a doubletake myself. I thought that bruin had wandered up onto your patio and was standing in your wife's begonias. I would have shot him for messing up the flowerbed.. ;D

That is a great mount.. I don't know how you can top that one...

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Very nice. My neighbor (two miles away) just got a picture of one like that that WAS in his wife's begonias (with a bird feeder under his paw). We have chickens and meat goats and I'm not especially thrilled at the thought of company, but bears got rights, too. He'll get all the respect I would give a human burglar. ;)

This little fellow was 11 yards away and I was still-hunting on foot with a recurve and home-fletched and dipped cedar arrows. My proudest trophy and one of only two (antler-only) mounts I have indoors.

Attachments

• deer1b.jpg
    deer1b.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,150
  • deer1b.jpg
    deer1b.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,154

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Whoa dude, that is awesome and with a bow! What did you do with all that meat? I tried some bear sausage several years ago but do not remember how it tasted, did not taste like chicken, LOL. Hunting in Germany is shameful or at least the way they do it here. After paying lots of money to attend hunting college, several hours of classroom, lucky enough to get invited to a hunt as a newbie, finally killing some game, you have now arrived to where you can buy the meat that you just killed, antlers and trophies are sold seperately for big $$$. Many hunters set up a permanent high seat and bait the area and just pluck em when they come by. My neighbor whose property butts mine raises deer in a fenced in area. He has a curtain he draws across the field several times a year and somebody shoots a deer, in a cage basically. Pursueing a hunt is sportsmanship, this type of hunting turned me off so I never got my license. Fishing is another story, LOL! HH, Mike

OP
OP
civilman1

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

PJ in WI said:
Nice mount. How big was he. How close close was it. I shot one 3 years ago this june and I'm still waiting for the taxidermist to finish the wall mount.
Hey PJ...this one was just over a Buck 80,not the biggest but my first.Probably a 30 yd. shot and expired 20 yd.'s...no death moan though.Later that evening I saw one around 350 but already had this one down.Maybe this year will go a little different.The one thing you don't want to do is hurry a taxidermist,he's a buddy of mine so I just leave him alone,not to mention I make alot of his base's for him....Happy Hunting and HH!!

OP
OP
civilman1

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Bavaria Mike said:
Whoa dude, that is awesome and with a bow! What did you do with all that meat? I tried some bear sausage several years ago but do not remember how it tasted, did not taste like chicken, LOL. Hunting in Germany is shameful or at least the way they do it here. After paying lots of money to attend hunting college, several hours of classroom, lucky enough to get invited to a hunt as a newbie, finally killing some game, you have now arrived to where you can buy the meat that you just killed, antlers and trophies are sold seperately for big $$$. Many hunters set up a permanent high seat and bait the area and just pluck em when they come by. My neighbor whose property butts mine raises deer in a fenced in area. He has a curtain he draws across the field several times a year and somebody shoots a deer, in a cage basically. Pursueing a hunt is sportsmanship, this type of hunting turned me off so I never got my license. Fishing is another story, LOL! HH, Mike
Hey Mike.....Definetley does not taste like chicken but it's not too bad....Have to doctor it up a bit it work's....HH!!

S

stefen

SC_hunter said:
Foose said:
dkw said:
. . . the wife says no full body mounts allowed . . .

My wife tells me the same thing . . . ;D

Very nice mount!!
I got to get the name of your taxidermist....When I kick the bucket...I "wanna" be mounted just like that..lol Great mount.

I once knew this old lady that had two pet monkeys that died.

When she took them to a taxidermist, he asked if she wanted tham mounted...

she replied, 'No, just shaking hands'. ;D

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

it takes balls to hunt a bear with a bow! they did a fine job mounting it! my grandfather was a taxidermist and that one would have made him proud!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread