Today’s finds: A Studded earring and a Sunoco “Be Safe” Pin

GoneDiggin_?

Aug 6, 2015
WPA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A fun day today hunting a new location! First hit was a Sunoco “Be Safe” Pin at the base of a tree. Sorry, but I really did not clean it up too much in the photo. In the same park I found a studded earring. Not quite sure what it is made of. I cannot see any marks on it, but it is heavy. I read that a magnet does not stick to silver. I tried it and it did not stick. Is this a good indicator of silver? I also found $2.82 in change – no old or silver coins, but I was happy to try this new park out! I even got to try out my new pin pointer today! A great day for hunting!:hello2: 8.21.15.JPG

Attachments

• 100_0946.JPG
    100_0946.JPG
    726.1 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Upvote 4

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any day out swinging is a good day swinging . It means your outside enjoying the sun and that you woke up on the right side of the daisies . To find anything is just a happy bonus . So you had a good day and found some goodies . Welcome to Tnet

OP
OP
G

GoneDiggin_?

Aug 6, 2015
WPA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what it is all about - being out, relaxed and enjoying what I am doing. I am happy with my new sport!!! Learning as I go - but I am happy!!!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Congrats!

The earring may be silver or could be white gold or platinum. Check the stud part, sometimes it is stamped on there, or on the slide on earring back. You can take it to Jeweler, he can tell you what it's made of.
Or do what a lot of us do, we're happy not knowing, because it's what ever we think it is!

OP
OP
G

GoneDiggin_?

Aug 6, 2015
WPA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took it to a few at the mall... but I think they were looking at the stones. I know they are probably cz.... there is not stamp on the earring anywhere. No back to the earring. But I put it in silver cleaner and nothing changed except the stainless post. It does not stick to a magnet..... Oh well - Momma is happy with it. :)

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then the rule is; it is what ever you say it is till you prove it other wise! So congrats!

OP
OP
G

GoneDiggin_?

Aug 6, 2015
WPA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am happy with them - it is just the excitement and wondering....

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the addiction & T'Net.

As far as the stud goes you can either buy a kit and test it yourself or take it to someone who can identify it for you. Pawn or jewelry shops are always a good start.

Also, of the pole itself is made of cheap metal it's probably not real. if it looks like silver there's a good shot that all of it is. You'll rarely find gold or silver mounted to a cheap pole.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread